Rufus Wainwright

Do talk back
5strings

Rufus Wainwright

Postby 5strings » 24 Jan 2009, 22:09

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAVj6JAQypU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAVj6JAQypU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Surely we love this, do we not?

"Who will be at Sanssouci tonight?
The boys that made me lose the blues tonight, and then my eyesight"
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Rufus Wainwright

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Jan 2009, 10:41

Yes, I love it.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rufus Wainwright

Postby Rufus Wainwright » 25 Jan 2009, 10:42

Hey, thanks guys!
I'm goin to a town

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 25 Jan 2009, 10:44

Isn't it about time The Slider popped up to call him 'a lisping ninny' ? :lol:

I like him, although I'm not blind to his faults. I don't think he's made a great album yet, but a CDR comp of his best stuff creamed off the half-dozen so far would be a pretty damn fine listen. And given his talent and vaulting ambition, he certainly has it in him to make something truly stunning.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 25 Jan 2009, 10:46

As above. Inconsistent albums, but a great voice and a still, relatively, untapped talent.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Jan 2009, 10:54

If you don't like this, there is something wrong with you and you need to go to the doctors and get a tube put in your ears and then the doctor will flush out your ears until your ears are clean or something.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Molony

Postby Molony » 25 Jan 2009, 11:05

He's great isn't he? Marvellous stuff.

quix

Postby quix » 25 Jan 2009, 11:30

Molony wrote:He's great isn't he? Marvellous stuff.

a bit off track i know... but the whole family is marvellous.

but i like martha best....

i was at this gig. it was so great... everyone was there apart from rufus... and her father of course. her cousins played a few songs and her mother played piano, her husband bass and piano... it was marvellous. it was like being at wainwright private party. :D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQjohW6Acg4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQjohW6Acg4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvT07lTwxA8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvT07lTwxA8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 25 Jan 2009, 13:03

I just dont hear it, everytime I hear his stuff and wait for the moment that his voice should soar, it remains stuck in a puddle wearing thick heavy wellies and drowns, with a lisp
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Molony

Postby Molony » 25 Jan 2009, 13:05

:lol:

'Memphis Skyline' always does it for me.

Brin
Rogue element
Location: ''Trying to get to heaven before they close the door''

Postby Brin » 25 Jan 2009, 15:11

'Going To A Town' was brilliant.Some of the other stuff ive heard from this fella has been,for want of a better word,unremarkable.
Beebsy wrote:The guys are wankers, we all know that.

Rufus Wainwright

Postby Rufus Wainwright » 25 Jan 2009, 15:44

Brin wrote:Some of the other stuff ive heard from this fella has been,for want of a better word,unremarkable.

I don't think much of your latest album either, duckie.
I'm goin to a town

Brin
Rogue element
Location: ''Trying to get to heaven before they close the door''

Postby Brin » 25 Jan 2009, 15:47

Rufus Wainwright wrote:
Brin wrote:Some of the other stuff ive heard from this fella has been,for want of a better word,unremarkable.

I don't think much of your latest album either, duckie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks sweet cheeks!!!!!
Beebsy wrote:The guys are wankers, we all know that.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 25 Jan 2009, 16:05

quixotica wrote:i like martha best....

I find her vocals a bit hard going. She puts me in mind of an exasperated crow, cawing at me in a vexed manner. And it's hard to forgive her for the massacre she perpetrated on Leonard Cohen's Tower of Song on the recent Mojo tribute CD.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 25 Jan 2009, 18:03

Nick wrote:I like him, although I'm not blind to his faults. I don't think he's made a great album yet, but a CDR comp of his best stuff creamed off the half-dozen so far would be a pretty damn fine listen. And given his talent and vaulting ambition, he certainly has it in him to make something truly stunning.

This is my view as well. When he's on, he's on.
My brother is a big fan, so I hear it a fair bit.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2019, 02:31

Still Baron wrote:
Nick wrote:I like him, although I'm not blind to his faults. I don't think he's made a great album yet, but a CDR comp of his best stuff creamed off the half-dozen so far would be a pretty damn fine listen. And given his talent and vaulting ambition, he certainly has it in him to make something truly stunning.

This is my view as well. When he's on, he's on.
My brother is a big fan, so I hear it a fair bit.

Xxx

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Yakety Yak”