All the young dudes:pop and fashion.

Do talk back
The Modernist

All the young dudes:pop and fashion.

Postby The Modernist » 17 Jan 2009, 15:48

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gq7dx/b00gq782/All_the_Young_Dudes_Pop_and_Fashion/
Just a quick plug for this rather entertaining documentary looking at the tangled links between UK pop and style from the seventies onwards. Paul Morley's idiosyncratic narration may not be to everyone's tastes, but I always find him quite interesting. Some great clips and some very entertaining interviews from a motley crew of pop performers over the years. A good way to while away a rather grey Saturday afternoon.
warning: it may contain prog content, so do not use heavy machinery while using.

Incidentally anyone else notice how much Phil Oakey resembles Del Snowdog these days!

Unfortunately, being on iplayer, I think this only available for UKers to watch.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: All the young dudes:pop and fashion.

Postby Penk! » 17 Jan 2009, 15:50

Dr Modernist wrote:Unfortunately, being on iplayer, I think this only available for UKers to watch.

I'm beginning to think that the internationally available version of BBC iPlayer makes the Neil Young Archives release look speedy and efficient.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 17 Jan 2009, 15:51

penk! wrote:
Dr Modernist wrote:Unfortunately, being on iplayer, I think this only available for UKers to watch.

I'm beginning to think that the internationally available version of BBC iPlayer makes the Neil Young Archives release look speedy and efficient.

It's frustrating, isn't it? I used to be able to get it at work, for some reason. Not any more. :cry:

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 17 Jan 2009, 15:54

Watched it last night and yeh, it was pretty good.

Interesting how that flute-playing cockjockey form Tethro Tull looked just like a normal old bloke.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 17 Jan 2009, 16:06

The Prof wrote:Watched it last night and yeh, it was pretty good.

Interesting how that flute-playing cockjockey form Tethro Tull looked just like a normal old bloke.

'cept for the brown boot polish he rubs into his head and beard.

Return to “Yakety Yak”