"I got a lot of mileage out of that album,"

Do talk back
king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Re: "I got a lot of mileage out of that album,"

Postby king feeb » 16 Jan 2009, 05:00

Here are the first three records I that I wore the rubber off...

I obtained this album when I was 13, and it was the only thing I listened to for a whole summer. Mostly because I didn't have any money to buy anything else. I still own a copy and play it on occasion. "Foggy Mental Breakdown" might be the most dynamic heavy scuzzrock of all time.

About a year later, I found this in a Woolworth's-type store called G.C. Murphy's. I played the disc literally hundreds of times. My version was the US Tower label release which was bowdlerized, with "Bike", "Astronome Domine" and "Flaming" cruelly cut away... but it did kick off with "See Emily Play". I listened to it so many times, that it still throws me for a loop when I hear the current edition starting off with "Astronome" instead of "Emily".

I got this when I was 16 years old, and proceeded to literally wear it out. I'd get stoned with my High School pals and then torture them with "Peking O". The mileage: I'm currently on my fourth copy. But I don't need to play it as much now, because I can literally dial up any moment here in my mind anytime I want.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 16 Jan 2009, 05:05

king feeb wrote:Here are the first three records I that I wore the rubber off...

I obtained this album when I was 13, and it was the only thing I listened to for a whole summer. Mostly because I didn't have any money to buy anything else. I still own a copy and play it on occasion. "Foggy Mental Breakdown" might be the most dynamic heavy scuzzrock of all time.

My dad had this one. I loved "Hippo Stomp" and "Earsplittenloudenboomer". :D
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 16 Jan 2009, 05:15

Clippernolan wrote: "Earsplittenloudenboomer". :D

Still one of my favorite instrumentals of all time. I love the sleazy/cheesy horns and the Booker T.-influenced organ break.

It's a surprisingly subtle little track considering it's by Steppenwolf and it's called "Earsplittenloudenboomer".
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Jan 2009, 06:12

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
The Beatles - The White Album
The Beatles - Beatles '65
The Beachboys - Endless Summer
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

CharliePalloy

Postby CharliePalloy » 16 Jan 2009, 15:13

Average White Band - purchased in 1975 and still played till this day also borrowed to mates and still in good nick considering.One Of the first albums I ever got.

Over the years I have had other albums by them (soul searching and the double live one) and a compilation but nothing removes this one's place as my NO.1 favourite of this lot.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 16 Jan 2009, 15:20

"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

packrat

Postby packrat » 16 Jan 2009, 15:24

Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

Was given this in 1975. I am now on to my 3rd vinyl copy and recently bought on cd as well.

I honestly don't know whether this is a 'genuine' live album, but it certainly remains my favourite live album of all and certainly the best work Joe ever did!
the rat is back - more or less!

Return to “Yakety Yak”