another list of artists for you to rate!

Do talk back
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: another list of artists for you to rate!

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Jan 2009, 15:51

Bob Marley - A giant. Up there with the best.

Jethro Tull - Awful

Smashing Pumpkins - I like a few songs. At one time this made me think I should investigate further. That was a mistake.

Daniel Johnston - Talented enough guy I suppose, but I get annoyed with people romanticizing his mental illness. His songs are strong enough to deserve some attention, but not enough to merit the hype which seems to be mostly about his back story.

X-Ray Spex - Its been years and I can't recall a note.

Van Halen - Nah. I suppose this stuff is nostalgic for some, but I didn't care then and I don't care now.

Robbie Williams - I only know the two singles that charted in the States. Neither of them impressed me in the positive or negative sense.

Jerry Lee Lewis - A fucking titan.

Neu! - No!

Happy Mondays - No strong opinion. They were okay I guess.

Pet Shop Boys - I want to say something nice. I think they are good at what they do. I don't mind hearing them when I'm buying pants or something.

The Police - The early stuff was a lot of fun. The later stuff had all of the fun surgically removed in favor of Stings attempts to be a great songwriter. Unfortunately he only managed decent songwriting.

Love - I hate writing about them on BCB. I feel like an asshole for not worshipping them. I do like Forever Changes. I just don't loooove it.

Frank Sinatra - His recorded output was spotty as hell, but the best of it beats almost anyones best. I love the early stuff the most - when his voice was pure.

Captain Beefheart - See Love. A lot of fun when I'm in the mood, but I'm seldom in the mood.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

whodathunkit

Postby whodathunkit » 14 Jan 2009, 15:53

Bob Marley - People are a bit snooty about old Bob.Catch-A-Fire and Burnin are cracking albums. And a lot of the pre-Island stuff.
Jethro Tull - Loved them up to and including Benefit. Then it all got a bit silly. Still one of the best live bands I ever saw.
Smashing Pumpkins - Dull white boys with guitars.
Daniel Johnston -the santification of the mentally ill, see Skip Spence, Syd Barratt, etc
X-Ray Spex - punk novelty band
Van Halen - the acceptable face of Metal
Robbie Williams -Potteries patois for twat.
Jerry Lee Lewis - the King of Rock'n'Roll. And his country stuff is almost as good.
Neu! - enjoyable enough but, like most Krautrock, I don't get the adoration.
Happy Mondays - the worst detour British pop music ever took. We're still recovering from it.
Pet Shop Boys - Love 'em. 2 or 3 of the best singles ever made.
The Police - Fair enough at the time, all sounds a bit dull nowadays.
Love - One of the greatest bands of all time. Da Capo through to Four Sail is a must -have sequence.
Frank Sinatra - the finest phraser of a song lyric ever. And he knew the worth of a good arranger. Cunt? Of course but the list of cunts in popular music is endless.
Captain Beefheart - A genius. Not a mad genius. Just a genius. And I really don't give a fuck what his best album was. It'll all do me. Even Unconditionally Guaranteed and Bluejeans and Moonbeams

automatic_drip

Postby automatic_drip » 14 Jan 2009, 20:44

Bob Marley - overexposed. Not his fault.
Jethro Tull - Meh. Those trousers....
Smashing Pumpkins - Meh. That head....
Daniel Johnston - no idea
X-Ray Spex - no idea
Van Halen - first four are awesome. Even someone like me who avoided metal in high school while i worhipped at the altar of Costello could feel the entertainment value.
Robbie Williams - no idea
Jerry Lee Lewis - underrated as a country artist.
Neu! -underrated as a country artist
Happy Mondays - twistin my melon, maaaan.
Pet Shop Boys - too elegant.
The Police - Like the first two lots, the fourth quite a bit, and then he decided he was a genius....
Love - just bought it last week. did not make an impression.
Frank Sinatra - Genius. Would have love to have spent a day in his shoes.
Captain Beefheart - saw him on Letterman. Interesting....
Only time will tell if we stand the test of time.... - Sammy Hagar

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Jan 2009, 20:53

Bob Marley--Love him. Classic stuff.
Jethro Tull--Love the '68-'72 period. Still pretty good for the rest of the '70s.
Smashing Pumpkins--Siamese Dream is a '90s alt rock gem. Some other good songs.
Daniel Johnston--Who?
X-Ray Spex--Great debut album. Did they ever do another?
Van Halen--Love all the Roth albums.
Robbie Williams--Couldn't recognize one song if you paid me.
Jerry Lee Lewis--A god. The real deal.
Neu!--Trendy wankery tailor-made for BCB.
Happy Mondays--See above
Pet Shop Boys--Some quality singles but I've got to be in the mood.
The Police--Great. Easily as good or better than far more celebrated BCB-loved bands from the era.
Love--Fantastic but over-talked about here.
Frank Sinatra--See Bob Marley
Captain Beefheart--I'm more of a Zappa guy.
Coan wrote:'Vertigo' is one of the best things U2 have ever done, one of a handful of occasions where they get it just right. That bit near the end where the song lifts off? You don't get that with The Allman Brothers.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 14 Jan 2009, 21:00

Lance Matthew wrote:Bob Marley--Love him. Classic stuff.
Jethro Tull--Love the '68-'72 period. Still pretty good for the rest of the '70s.
Smashing Pumpkins--Siamese Dream is a '90s alt rock gem. Some other good songs.
Daniel Johnston--Who?
X-Ray Spex--Great debut album. Did they ever do another?
Van Halen--Love all the Roth albums.
Robbie Williams--Couldn't recognize one song if you paid me.
Jerry Lee Lewis--A god. The real deal.
Neu!--Trendy wankery tailor-made for BCB.
Happy Mondays--See above
Pet Shop Boys--Some quality singles but I've got to be in the mood.
The Police--Great. Easily as good or better than far more celebrated BCB-loved bands from the era.
Love--Fantastic but over-talked about here.
Frank Sinatra--See Bob Marley
Captain Beefheart--I'm more of a Zappa guy.

Mr Maps
a drunk in a midnight choir

Postby Mr Maps » 14 Jan 2009, 21:04

Bob Marley - I used to like him but don't really care anymore.
Jethro Tull - Never knowingly heard them. Don't care to.
Smashing Pumpkins - Never got the fuss. Pretty shit really.
Daniel Johnston - Great when I'm in the mood. Small doses.
X-Ray Spex - I have the first one in my iPod. A bit screechy but ok.
Van Halen - The first two are great.
Robbie Williams -
Jerry Lee Lewis - Kinda dull and overrated and doesn't deserve to be in with Perkins, Cash, Presley, Holly
Neu! - Don't know much, like what I've heard.
Happy Mondays - I liked Bummed at the time. Don't care anymore.
Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring was a good single. I guess.
The Police - Fuck 'em.
Love - Love 'em.
Frank Sinatra - I have more by him in my collection that any other group or solo artist
Captain Beefheart - I always how weird it was and hard to get your head around but I was bored when I heard it.
nathan wrote:I realize there is a time and a place for unsexy music, but I personally have no time for it.

Django wrote: It's video clips of earnest post-rock I want, and I have little time for anything else.

19th biggest tosser on BCB

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Jan 2009, 21:09

Sir John Coan wrote:Bob Marley - not my thing - I don't know anything apart from the biggies, and I'm not interesting in digging deeper

Jethro Tull - I like a couple of early singles a lot ('Witches Promise', 'Living In The Past') but stuff like Aqualung makes me want to kill Ian Anderson. A man who fancies himself a literate rock star, leading fiddle-de-dee rubbish, dancing about with a flute - for 40 years. A fool

Smashing Pumpkins - not really interested, not a great group - the odd thing has made my ears prick up tho'

Daniel Johnston - this talk of 'genius' (which really IS put about a bit) is absolute nonsense. I'm vaguely interested however, would like to see the film

X-Ray Spex - a couple of amazing songs ('Art-i-ficial', 'Germfree Adolescents'), and an album that just doesn't cut it. Much like many other punk bands, then. Like 'em

Van Halen - a stunning first album, most other things I've heard are the hits and they're rubbish

Robbie Williams - some good songs, one or two real gems. 'She's Madonna' was very special. His image is a liability

Jerry Lee Lewis - very very old music. He has too much respect because of this. Context helps - so I'd never play him at home, but in a bar, on a jukebox - bingo!

Neu! - overrated by many, I think. Way below Can, Faust, and Amon Duul II in the German rock canon. A one-idea band with some very interesting moments

Happy Mondays - hugely underrated here - Bummed is incredible, the albums either side are tops. And 'Freaky Dancing' is one of the greatest singles of all time

Pet Shop Boys - no strong opinion

The Police - I love some of their singles, don't know much else

Love - great band, apart from the obvious I really like Four Sail

Frank Sinatra - he's there for me later, and I like that - I'm not massively interested just yet

Captain Beefheart - a true great, it's incredible the industry supported him back then. I respect the man and love his music. Safe As Milk and Trout Mask Replica knock me flat - every time - like nothing else

The above announcement has been brought to you courtesy of:

Coan wrote:'Vertigo' is one of the best things U2 have ever done, one of a handful of occasions where they get it just right. That bit near the end where the song lifts off? You don't get that with The Allman Brothers.

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 14 Jan 2009, 21:28

Bob Marley Bored with him now. He was fine until all the yuppies and jam bands starting liking him
Jethro Tull Painful. I don't think I've ever listened to one of their albums all the way through.
Smashing Pumpkins Dumb name, annoying singer, pretentious.
Daniel Johnston Haven't heard enough from him to comment. I'm bored with nutcases making music.
X-Ray Spex Still sound fun to me.
Van Halen First couple of albums were alright. Hugely overrated on here.
Robbie Williams Never heard his music. Probably sucks though, am I right?
Jerry Lee Lewis A God and not fit to be included among most of the other losers mentioned here.
Neu! Still love them.
Happy Mondays I'd probably like them more if I was from the UK. I doubt I missed much, though.
Pet Shop Boys I'd probably like them more if I was gay. I doubt I missed much, though.
The Police Dreadful. Hated them back then and hate them even more now.
Love Who doesn't love Love?
Frank Sinatra The moody stuff from the 50's and Watertown are ace.
Captain Beefheart What I wrote about Jerry Lee also applies to Beefheart.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

meetthesonics

Postby meetthesonics » 14 Jan 2009, 21:30

Bob Marley: He's good and all, but not my thing. Love soul and funk but never managed to get too worked up over raggae. Better than rap, but still.

Jethro Tull: Just know the hits. Meh.

Smashing Pumpkins: Yeah, they suck.

Daniel Johnston: Heard of, never heard.

X-Ray Spex: Like what I've heard.

Van Halen: Yeah, they suck too.

Robbie Williams: Supposed to be wretched isn't he? No idea who he is really and no idea if I've ever heard his songs.

Jerry Lee Lewis: Yeah, he's pretty great.

Neu!: Betting I'd like these guys as I love Can and whatnot. A band I need to get around to one day soon.

Happy Mondays: Didn't like what I've heard, which admittedly isn't much.

Pet Shop Boys: One reason 80's music gets such a bad rap. Deservedly so in this case.

The Police: And here's another reason. 3-4 alright songs maybe but overall pointless and bland.

Love: Yeah, great band.

Frank Sinatra: Good, yep, he's good.

Captain Beefheart: Yes, but in small, occasional doses.
Sweet potato ya got it, apple ya ain't.

B

Postby B » 14 Jan 2009, 21:34

These are interesting to read to see how out of touch and/or close-minded people are around here

Mr Maps
a drunk in a midnight choir

Postby Mr Maps » 14 Jan 2009, 21:37

Brian wrote:These are interesting to read to see how out of touch and/or close-minded people are around here

Specific examples of each please.
nathan wrote:I realize there is a time and a place for unsexy music, but I personally have no time for it.

Django wrote: It's video clips of earnest post-rock I want, and I have little time for anything else.

19th biggest tosser on BCB

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 14 Jan 2009, 22:15

Bob Marley
For such an iconic figure, I don't know his catalogue at all well. Perhaps at some point I got a bit put off by the bland simplicity of some of his hits. Certainly there's album tracks I've heard which are darker and draw me in, but I've not made any great investigation. I certainly wouldn't deny his talent or importance.
Jethro Tull
I shared a flat with someone who played one of their albums quite a bit. I didn't like it. The clips I've seen of him standing on one leg with that mad eyed squint are enough to put me off permanently really. That said I do really like "Sunshine Day", a very early song they released as Jethro Toe. It sounds like a rootsier Monkees.
Smashing Pumpkins
Avoided them for years as I thought they were another grunge band. This was a misconception and sometime later I heard Melan Collie, parts of which were very good. I like their more textured, melodic side but lose patience when they try and sound dark and menacing.
Daniel Johnston
Never heard of him until this thread.
X-Ray Spex
They had somthing raucious and colourful about them, as well as one of the most interesting singers, that stood them apart from other punk bands. I particularly liked Laura Logic's atonal sax. They worked best on singles like the mad rush of "Oh Bondage Up Yours" or "The Day the World Turned Day-Glo" which was one of the best singles of the punk era. Over the course of an album though their limitations did tend to be revealed.
Van Halen
Of absolutely no interest whatsoever.
Robbie Williams
"She's The One" is class, and he generally knows how to put out really memorable pop songs. His flaw is he's like the little kid showing off to the adults, eventually the adults get bored and send him off to bed. I think his career has been a bit like that.[/b]
Jerry Lee Lewis
Interesting character and seems one of the wildest of the early rockers, but I only know the early rock n' roll hits and I'm not interested in hearing more if I'm honest.
Neu!
The praise is entirely worthy I'd say. A band who had a genuine vision of their own and pulled it off. Neu 75 is like a blueprint for 70's rock.
Happy Mondays
Almost too erratic and shambolic initially, they really improved and ended up making music which was both larger than life but also refreshingly natural. Hard band to analyse, it just worked. WFL is their best moment.
Pet Shop Boys
Listened to them a lot in the 80's. Tennant was a writer of rare wit and intelligence. I liked them best when they were at their most melancholic and when they reigned in some of their camper excesses.
The Police
Clever musicians saddled with largely workmanlike material. Ocassionally they managed to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. More often they didn't.
Love
A beautiful one off expression of frustrated energy and strange beauty. Never been successfully copied, they remain one of music's most alluring enigmas.
Frank Sinatra
I find the idea of Sinatra more interesting than the music itself. Wouldn't deny the greatness there though.
Captain Beefheart
Some genuinely captivating musical ideas but the overbearing eccentricity wears rather thin. This has always been my impression anyway, but I still need to give him a proper listen and have just bought "Safe As Milk" funnily enough.
Last edited by The Modernist on 14 Jan 2009, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Jan 2009, 22:26

Jeff K wrote:Bob Marley Bored with him now. He was fine until all the yuppies and jam bands starting liking him

Does that actually matter to you?
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Jan 2009, 22:35

Bob Marley - A million dreadlocked white-boy versions of "No Woman No Cry" has not dimmed my respect for the man one bit. Great singer, great writer, great band. The revisionism is absurd, though the attempt to make him a religious figure is even worse. Probably the ultimate combination of great music but horrible fans.

Jethro Tull - Three or four records I like a lot. They don't do anything that others haven't done better, though. Meh, ultimately- and worse than meh from about 1980 on.

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan needs to be smacked even more often than Perry Farrell, if that's possible. Early on some of the music's good, but more because of James Iha than the vocalist. On the annoying vocalist scale, I prefer him ever-so-slightly to Ian Astbury, who is in turn a few steps better than Geddy Lee.

Daniel Johnston - In small doses he's great.

X-Ray Spex - Love what I've heard, but don't own anything. Recommendations welcome.

Van Halen - With David Lee Roth, good goofy fun most of the time. Eddie's a stellar guitarist, and obviously very influential, but he's too much like Hendrix without the vision. Damned impressive technician, though.

Robbie Williams - Must be an English thing. I see/hear no discernable star quality in him. Dull, but not offensive.

Jerry Lee Lewis - Love the swagger, love the country weeper side, tip my hat to him for still being alive. Keith Richards could learn a thing about indestructibility from him.

Neu! - Like what I've heard a lot, though I've never felt the need to dig deeper than enjoying what I've been sent via various BCBers.

Happy Mondays - Had their moments, I suppose. Ryder is even more annoying sober, though.

Pet Shop Boys - Why, am I missing something?

The Police - They'd be great if you could do a mix override on Sting's voice. I respect the playing a lot, like most of the songs and love a few, but that Jamaican accent is really obnoxious.

Love - Made a career out of three albums, but what albums!! I'm a fan even though they're incredibly ordinary after Forever Changes.

Frank Sinatra - Love him, though I rarely go out of my way to listen to him. Sometimes I think I prefer the Reprise years to any other era.

Captain Beefheart - One of my favorite musical artists ever. Even his worst records have some great moments. Funny that he's into the visual arts exclusively these days- he's a talented but essentially limited visual artist and a one-of-a-kind musician.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 15 Jan 2009, 00:36

Bob Marley
He never made a Heart of the Congos and often I think he suffered from Beyonce Syndrome, i.e. not knowing when he was good and for what reason. A poor artistic judge but a very good commercial one. That said, are you gonna argue with 'Slave Driver'? I'm not.

Jethro Tull
Could not give a fuck. And I'm a fan of Fairport and Pentangle, so someone tell me if I'm missing out, please!

Smashing Pumpkins
Rare moments which sneak inside the city walls of Greatness. Quite a few moments which are enjoyable. An almost equal amount which are laughable. The rest is turgid.

Daniel Johnston
Don't like the sounds of him.

X-Ray Spex
Unknown. Might be my cup of tea but I'm in no rush to find out.

Van Halen
Only know 'Jump', quite like it. Can tell I'd have no patience for it in large doses though.

Robbie Williams
I wish him well actually, and really want him to release more singles in the vein of 'She's the One' and 'Let Love Be Your Energy'. Stuff like 'Angels' and 'Let Me Entertain You' is enigmatic, for me. I beat myself up either for liking it and being a undiscriminating twat or for not liking it and being a snob. They are quite powerful, especially 'Angels'.

Jerry Lee Lewis
A non-entity in my world, even though that's probably completely unjust.

Neu!
Been getting into Tago Mago lately so might give these a try before I'm dead.

Happy Mondays
Ah, now this is a band I like. Bummed is tremendous but I need to play it more often. And more loudly.

Pet Shop Boys
Outstanding. Just superb. 'Sa Vida E' (is that the title?) is one of the most life-affirming pop songs ever; 'You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk' one of the saddest. I love their values and often they live up to them.

The Police
My first ever single was 'I'll Be Missing You' by Puff Daddy (ft. Faith Hill) and I still like that. There's a drinking game called 'Roxanne' which is quite fun but I hate the song.

Love
Sometimes Forever Changes sounds as good as the hype. Really. Sometimes it perplexes me, but I'd take nothing away from their reputation.

Frank Sinatra
In the Wee Small Hours is a tour de force which I'll be living with for a while. Actually, I love pretty much everything I've heard, even/especially the snappy, happy hits.

Captain Beefheart
I've encountered him various times over the years, and mainly enjoyed him. Is it he who had that really quite good doo-wop pastiche period?

I'm so ignorant :oops:
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

mission

Postby mission » 15 Jan 2009, 02:34

Bob Marley

Came to these ears as muzak - perennial FM fodder - so much so that I had genuine trouble when trying to actually figure out one day what was meant in or by No Woman, No Cry. "No, woman. No cry"? Women make you cry? I probably gave it a nanosecond's worth of thought. The sum total of thought I have given Bob.

Is it true that he liked BMWs because the initials were the same as Bob Marley and the Wailers? And if isn't true, how and why do such myths come into being?

Jethro Tull

A middle-aged Pomgolian lady of my acquaintance, who used to be fat but now just suffers from an eating disorder and has all the sorts of psycho-sexual difficulties you'd expect in a person like that, once tried to convince me there was much of worth in Thick As A Brick. This was not the only thing she was wrong about.

Smashing Pumpkins

Bloke cannot sing. Voices are my first port of call so I can only listen to very small doses - from Gish and Siamese Dream only. Except 1979 which is a stellar pop song by any measurement. Jimmy Chamberlain (the drummer) is/was a fucking beast and I have a very fond memory of being backstage at one of their shows and just being blown away by his feet as they played.

Daniel Johnston

I only know his song about The Beatles. Him I only know about through osmosis; the dribs and drabs you glean from just being awake. The tune I quite liked ("I really respected them" - for which I am sure they are grateful). His story makes me feel vaguely uneasy.

X-Ray Spex

No memory. Other than the near-hagiographical writing about Poly Styrene I have read (Burchill and Parsons no doubt). Because I can't remember the music I feel unqualified in saying definitively but I have a sneaking suspicion that the attention given to an overweight, braces-wearing, unconventionally attractive young woman as a front person - the positive attention - is the sort of reverse discrimination we could do without.

Van Halen

Diamond Dave is some sort of genius. The music I can do without. The immediate thing I think ofwhen the words are uttered is Roddy Frame's cover of Jump - which is really very good.

Robbie Williams

A Pomgolian phenomenon beyond my ken. A googly-eyed fuckknuckle who has made me question how women work.

Jerry Lee Lewis

Only really makes sense when you can see him.

Neu!

One of the lamentable gaps in my musical knowledge. I know Can only. I am not adverse to the idea - indeed, am rather fond of the idea - but just haven't got there yet.

Happy Mondays

Another Pomgolian phenomenon beyond my ken. Very much music as adjunct to lifestyle.

Pet Shop Boys

I really like two or three of the bigger hits - the less grandiose ones - but there is something peculiarly lifeless to my ears. I suspect it has something to do with Tennant's vocals.

The Police

Fantastic singles band. I speak here only of the stuff before they got too silly for words. I like Copeland's drumming but the uber-propulsiveness of it renders it all a bit samey. There is a good story about how he likes to hear Holiday Inn house bands play Walking On The Moon because he loves to see the drummers tackle a hi-hat part he had overdubbed.

Love

The snot caked on their pants.

Frank Sinatra

I like it that he still used to pretend to be able to read music - despite having touched a kind of musical Godhead. And that he was screwed by Ava Gardner. Jeebers. That is a woman.

Captain Beefheart

I failed Trout Mask Replica 101. I consider it a valuable life lesson learnt that I didn't give a bugger.
Good.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 15 Jan 2009, 02:59

Leg of lamb wrote:
Captain Beefheart
I've encountered him various times over the years, and mainly enjoyed him. Is it he who had that really quite good doo-wop pastiche period?

I'm so ignorant :oops:

That sounds more like Zappa, though fuck knows why I'm answering this as I'm totally ignorant about these guys too. :D

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Jan 2009, 04:01

mission wrote:Neu!

One of the lamentable gaps in my musical knowledge. I know Can only. I am not adverse to the idea - indeed, am rather fond of the idea - but just haven't got there yet.

averse, for fuck's sake

averse

mission

Postby mission » 15 Jan 2009, 04:44

Oh, dear. Sorry about that.
Good.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 15 Jan 2009, 05:14

Bob Marley - Another of these people lauded for being some sort of stoner poet, yet so many did reggae better
Jethro Tull - Living In The Past and Thick As A Brick are excellent songs
Smashing Pumpkins - I get with the arty side more than the rocky side, but both sides are extremely underrated here
Daniel Johnston - An absolute treasure. Brilliant. I can't believe so many people are giving him shit, and penk must be my ex in disguise :lol:
X-Ray Spex - I think what I heard was okay
Van Halen - Nope, too overplayed for me
Robbie Williams -Not usually, but the 3 singles off Intensive Care are outstanding songs, I can't speak highly enough of them
Jerry Lee Lewis -He's alright I suppose
Neu! -Never knowingly heard them
Happy Mondays -They're alright, not great, but they stand well above some of their peers
Pet Shop Boys One of those that I like when they're on, but never go and buy any of the records
The Police - a few excellent songs surrounded by garbage
Love -Forever Changes is pretty good, I'm still new to it though
Frank Sinatra -Been put right off him by a mate who thought he was Sinatra when this shit came on
Captain Beefheart -A hard slog, but worth it
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?