London Calling - A review!!!

Do talk back
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

London Calling - A review!!!

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 18:27

Now don't be dissing no Elvis, Beatles, or the Rolling Stones!!!

6 of 63 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, September 30, 2004
By Person "Music Fan" (California) - See all my reviews
I bought this album about last year. I'd been told for years that this album was a masterpiece and so on. When I heard it I kind of liked the opening song, except for the disrespectful remark about the beatles. But when I heard the rest, I had never been so dissapointed in my life. This is crap music for stupid new wave fans.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? YesNo

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

3 of 52 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars WELL, THIS IS REAL PUNK ROCK!!!, June 28, 2005
A Kid's Review
This is the ROOTS of punk rock. punk rock isn't Blink182, Green Day, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, this is Punk pop. This isn't New Metal like Evanescence, Lost Prophets, ou Limp Bizkit.

This is a real album. An album that really SUCKS!!!!!

This is some real music, for 40 year old people who like to listen to a song where you can't tell who's singing, if it's the vocalist, or if it's a cat screming inside someone's ass. The whole thing is horrid, the songs are lame. it isn't enjoyable to listen at all - you'll just hope it gets finished soon.

Honestly, any other band that I said before is better than them. THe Clash, Dead Kennedys. Doens't matter if that was real punk rock - it SUCKED! Ramones, and even Sex Pistols (artifficialy made) are way better. A lot of popular bands for 13-year old boys are better.

Just face it, this stuff is old, and decadent. And this never has been good. Wake Up.

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment
the Eagles suck.

johnnydefault

Re: London Calling - A review!!!

Postby johnnydefault » 06 Dec 2008, 22:18

I found those reviews unhelpful as it didn't print the addresses of those dumphucs!

Time someone paid them a visit. :twisted:

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 06 Dec 2008, 22:23

johnnydefault wrote:dumphucs!

Johnny mate, don't take this the wrong way, but nobody on here is going to shriek and run from the room in scandalized horror if you spell fuck the right way.

;)

Of course, if you happen to be an African-American rapper and spelling fuck as ''phuc'' is some kind of new street slang revisionism akin to the re-spelling of ''phat'', then please accept my apologies and proceed as you like hencephorth.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

johnnydefault

Postby johnnydefault » 06 Dec 2008, 23:46

OK :oops: Thank big bruvs :oops: .

I kinda knew it was alright as I've actually been around here for a while. The alternative spelling is less harsh IMO!

Anyway thanks for keeping me right - Fuckers! :lol:

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 07 Dec 2008, 23:26

Matty Red Sox wrote:3 of 52 people found the following review helpful:
A Kid's Review
This is the ROOTS of punk rock. punk rock isn't Blink182, Green Day, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, this is Punk pop. This isn't New Metal like Evanescence, Lost Prophets, ou Limp Bizkit.

This is some real music, for 40 year old people who like to listen to a song where you can't tell who's singing, if it's the vocalist, or if it's a cat screming inside someone's ass. The whole thing is horrid, the songs are lame. it isn't enjoyable to listen at all - you'll just hope it gets finished soon.

Honestly, any other band that I said before is better than them. THe Clash, Dead Kennedys. Doens't matter if that was real punk rock - it SUCKED! Ramones, and even Sex Pistols (artifficialy made) are way better. A lot of popular bands for 13-year old boys are better.

Just face it, this stuff is old, and decadent. And this never has been good. Wake Up.

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

Did the reviewer have a picture of a bear by his name, by any chance?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Apr 2019, 15:50

Penk! wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:3 of 52 people found the following review helpful:
A Kid's Review

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

Did the reviewer have a picture of a bear by his name, by any chance?

:D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

TG

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2019, 16:28

I would simply like to point out, without drawing too much unwanted attention to myself, that I have on several occasions won somewhat large sums of money in bars by successfully discerning the difference between a real vocalist and a cat screaming inside someone’s ass. It’s a talent I have. All of those bars have, unfortunately, been closed by the authorities.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Return to “Yakety Yak”