White Album Mono Question for Goldwax (others join in too)

Do talk back
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

White Album Mono Question for Goldwax (others join in too)

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 13:23

So what is the most that you think that a White Mono of this description should fetch? The capitals are not mine but a seller's.

THIS IS AN ORIGINAL UK 1968 FIRST PRESS COPY OF THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM (A.K.A THE BEATLES).THIS IS A RARE TOP OPENING NUMBERED (0153923) MONO ISSUE (PMC 7067/8) AND IS RARER THAN THE NORMAL STANDARD ISSUE FOR A FEW REASONS

8mm WIDE SPINE
MISPRESS LABEL,THREE HAVE "AN E.M.I RECORDING" AND ONE DOES NOT.A RARE FACTORY ERROR
2 UNSPLIT ORIGINAL BLACK DIE CUT INNERS IN MINT CONDITION
MINT ORIGINAL 1st PRESS "LIPSTICK KISS" POSTER,LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED!!
FOUR MINT PHOTOS
RARE NEAR MINT WHITE PHOTO SPACER
"KT" TAX CODE STAMPED ON TWO OF THE LABELS!!!
TRACKS PLAY MINT!!!!
THE DEAD WAX INFO (MATRIX/MOTHERS/STAMPERS) IS AS FOLLOWS:

SIDE 1: XEX 709-1 (3-MH)

SIDE 2: XEX 710-1 (3-AP)

SIDE 3: XEX 711-1 (1-GGL)

SIDE 4: XEX 712-1 (2-GGL)

RECORDS

SIDE 1(LABEL): MINT-

ORIGINAL "DARK GREEN" APPLE LABELS,HAS "SOLD IN UK.."Mfd IN U.K" TEXT BUT OMITS "AN E.M.I RECORDING!!,SUPERB CONDITION WITH NO DAMAGE,NO SPINDLE HOLE WEAR,JUST A FEW SMALL SPINDLE "SPIDER" MARKS AROUND THE HOLE.THESE ARE HARDLY NOTICEABLE

SIDE 1(RECORD): VERY GOOD++ (STRICTLY GRADED)(VISUAL)

THIS RECORD IS STRICTLY GRADED,DEEP GLOSS AND SHINE,IN NORMAL LIGHT MOST OF IT LOOKS VERY VERY CLEAN,WITH NO FINGERNAIL SCRATCHES.THE ONLY BAD MARK IS A BIG SCRATCH (NON SOUNDING,NOT A FINGERNAIL ONE) THAT GOES THROUGH MOST TRACKS.UNDER STRONG LIGHT YOU CAN SEE SOME HAIRLINE MARKS..NONE OF THESE EFFECT PLAY(AS JUST LOOK BELOW IT PLAYS MINT)

SIDE 1 (RECORD AUDIO)

THIS IS TRULY FANTASTIC,ONE CAREFULL PLAY BY MYSELF ON MY DUAL CS450 AND WHAT I HEARD WAS AMAZING!!,IT LIES FLAT ON THE TURNTABLE WITH NO WARP.FROM THE QUIET RUN ON TO THE END ALL THE TRACKS PLAY WITH FLAWLESS SOUND,WITH NO CRACKLES,NO CLICKS,NO POPS!! JUST AMAZING BEATLES MUSIC,THERE IS A VERY TINY BIT OF STATIC AT THE START OF "THE CONTINUING STORY OF BUNGALOW BILL".OTHER THAN THIS..PERFECTION!!

SIDE 2 (LABEL): MINT-

THIS IS SAME AS SIDE 1 EXCEPTH IT HAS "AN E.M.I RECORDING",JUST SMALL SPINDLE MARKS..HARDLY NOTICEABLE.THIS HAS THE RARE "KT" TAX CODE STAMPED AROUND THE SPINDLE HOLE

SIDE 2 (RECORD): EXCELLENT(VISUAL)

LOOKS FANTASTIC..IN DAYLIGHT IT LOOKS NEAR MINT!! WITH FULL GLOSS AND SHINE,UNDER STRONG LIGHT YOU CAN SEE JUST A FEW FAINT HAIRLINE MARKS WHICH CAN BE SEEN UNDER STRONG LIGHT,NO NEEDLE SCRATCHES

SIDE 2 (RECORD,AUDIO)

AGAIN AMAZING..PERFECT MONO SOUND FROM THE QUIET RUN ON THROUGH ALL THE TRACKS..NO CRACKLES ETC..JUST AMAZING!!,CANT FAULT A SINGLE TRACK IT`S THAT GOOD!!

SIDE 3 (LABEL): EXCELLENT

SAME AS SIDE 2 JUST A FEW BIGGER SPINDLE MARKS

SIDE 3 (RECORD): EXCELLENT (VISUAL)

SAME AS SIDE 2,IN NORMAL LIGHT IT LOOKS NEAR MINT!!,IT LIES FLAT ON THE TURNTABLE WITH NO WARP, JUST THE ODD MARKS WHICH CAN BE SEEN UNDER STRONG LIGHT.NO NEEDLE SCRATCHES

SIDE 3 (RECORD,AUDIO)

SAME AS SIDE 2,AS SOON AS YOU HEAR THE FIRST TRACK..WOW!!! WHAT A SOUND!!,NO CRACKLES..NOTHING JUST MINT FLAWLESS SOUNDING TRACKS

SIDE 4 (LABEL): MINT-

AS ABOVE,SMALL FAINT SPINDLE MARKS WHICH ARE HARDLY NOTICEABLE.THIS HAS THE RARE "KT" TAX CODE STAMP AROUND THE SPINDLE HOLE

SIDE 4 (RECORD): EXCELLENT (VISUAL)

AGAIN..SAME AS THE OTHERS.LOOKS NEAR MINT IN NORMAL DAYLIGHT,FULL GLOSS AND SHINE...UNDER VERY STRONG LIGHT YOU CAN SEE A FEW FAINT HAIRLINES

SIDE 4 (RECORD,AUDIO)

AGAIN..THE TRACKS PLAY FANTASTIC WITH NO SOUND DISTORTION OR CRACKLES,CLICKS OR POPS JUST THE BEATLES AT THEIR VERY BEST

ORIGINAL BLACK DIE CUT INNERS: MINT/MINT-

TO FIND THESE IN THIS CONDITION IS FANTASTIC ITSELF!!,MOST ARE TORN AND HAVE SPLITS..THESE ARE SUPERB WITH NO TEARS,WRITING,EDGE SPLITS..THEY JUST HAVE THE USUAL RECORD INDENTATION MARKS.ONE IS MINT..WOW!!,THE OTHER HAS JUST A TINY EDGE OF THE FLIPBACK COMING AWAY AT THE BOTTOM

POSTER: MINT!!

WELL I DO NOT NEED TO TELL YOU HOW RARE IT IS TO FIND A FIRST PRESS POSTER IN ANYTHING LIKE NICE CONDITION AS MOST HAVE PIN HOLES,TEARS ON THE FOLDS ETC..,THIS ONE IS THAT GOOD IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED OR OPENED!!.

ORIGINAL GARROD & LOFTHOUSE "LIPSTICK KISS" POSTER HAS NO DAMAGE..NO TEARS,PIN HOLES,SPLITS..JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES..EVEN THE WHITE LYRICS SIDE IS WHITE!!! WITH NO BROWNING..LOOKS ALMOST AS NEW AS THE DAY IT WAS MADE!!

PHOTOS:MINT

THE ORIGINAL 4 GLOSSY PHOTOS HAVE NO DAMAGE AND ARE PERFECT

SPACER: MINT-

SUPER RARE TO FIND A PHOTO SPACER..ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONDITION..NO TEARS,OR WRITING..IT IS VERY WHITE JUST A FEW SMALL LIGHT BROWN SPOTS (ABOUT 4) ON ONE SIDE

COVER: EXCELLENT

THE ORIGINAL FULLY LAMINATED GARROD & LOFTHOUSE TOP OPENING 8mm THICK WIDE SPINE NUMBERED COVER (NUMBER 0153923) IS VERY NICE..IT IS VERY CLEAN WITH A LITTLE YELLOWING AT THE TOP.THERE ARE A FEW SMALL CREASES BUT NOTHING BAD,NO TEARS,STICKERS OR WRITING AND NO LAMINATE DAMAGE,THE COVER STILL CRACKLES WHEN IT IS OPENED!!! AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY.THE 8mm THICK WIDE SPINE WICH IS NOT "CRUMPLED/SQUACHED" LIKE MOST COPIES IS VERY NICE,SPINE IS VERY NICE WITH JUST A LITTLE WEAR ESPECIALLY ON THE TOP WHERE A LITTLE TINY BIT HAS COME AWAY (SEE PICTURE). BUT THE TEXT IS READABLE.THE INSIDE HAS A "V SHAPED" STAIN AT THE TOP (SEE PICTURE) AND THE BACK HAS A TINY BIT OF WEAR AT THE BOTTOM
the Eagles suck.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Re: White Album Mono Question for Goldwax (others join in too)

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 13:39

DWD wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110312162347

A little much for me at the moment...but that is the thread that go me started with this....
the Eagles suck.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 15:43

Okay...I'm asking about that too! Present going rate in your opinion...
the Eagles suck.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 06 Dec 2008, 15:47

Matty Red Sox wrote:Okay...I'm asking about that too! Present going rate in your opinion...

They have one ( jap red vinyl, unopened) for£150 on eil.com at the moment
You don't like me...do you?

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 15:49

yomptepi wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:Okay...I'm asking about that too! Present going rate in your opinion...

They have one ( jap red vinyl, unopened) for£150 on eil.com at the moment

OUCH!!!
the Eagles suck.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Dec 2008, 16:23

I would love to have a mono copy of this album but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to this kind of thing so unless I get lucky, I'll probably never own one. The best I can hope for is a good digital copy to hear the difference between the mixes.

This
MISPRESS LABEL,THREE HAVE "AN E.M.I RECORDING" AND ONE DOES NOT.A RARE FACTORY ERROR
seems pretty inconsequential in terms of monetary value, but seeing the detail that the guy is describiing everything in, I can see why he made note of it.

It all sounds fantastic but too rich for my blood. I have other things to spend my money, like jazz records!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Dec 2008, 16:36

Six String wrote:I would love to have a mono copy of this album but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to this kind of thing so unless I get lucky, I'll probably never own one. The best I can hope for is a good digital copy to hear the difference between the mixes.

This
seems pretty inconsequential in terms of monetary value, but seeing the detail that the guy is describiing everything in, I can see why he made note of it.

It all sounds fantastic but too rich for my blood. I have other things to spend my money, like jazz records!

I agree...but I guess I like how meticulous this guy is...I mean shit, I wouldn't even notice something that...I just want a fairly clean vinyl copy to play.
the Eagles suck.

Return to “Yakety Yak”