The Homosexuals - 10 inch EP and US tour coming

Do talk back
bobzilla77

The Homosexuals - 10 inch EP and US tour coming

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Dec 2008, 19:28

I know some of y'all are into them, I might just have to get on the boat. I did download & listen to some stuff that didn't grab me right away but I have it set aside for another day when I might be in the mood for it.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 5, 2008

THE HOMOSEXUALS Releases Limited Edition, 10" EP On Serious Business Records!

** Pioneering Post-Punk Band Returns to Get Their Due **

"Punk visionaries who were at least as questing, untamed, and ultimately listenable as any of their more renowned contemporaries. This is the sound of history revising itself toward perfection." – PITCHFORK

Download The Homosexuals' "Slow Guns" mp3 here: http://seriousbusinessrecords.com/mp3s/02_Slow_Guns.mp3

1970s U.K. D.I.Y. art punk instigators THE HOMOSEXUALS return with Love Guns?, a limited edition, hand inscribed 10" EP on Serious Business Records. Plus THE HOMOSEXUALS mount first ever US tour.

Serious Business Records proudly presents Love Guns?, the first piece of new vinyl issued by UK D.I.Y art-punk instigators The Homosexuals since the early eighties. The band's first ever US tour recently concluded with mesmerizing original writer / vocalist / auteur Bruno Wizard fronting a young band of tough-as-nails New Yorkers. This new outfit delivered a set at SXSW in March that made one Washington Post reporter exclaim "I just had the closest thing to a religious experience since my bar mitzvah. The Homosexuals played the most dynamic, explosive set I've seen in a couple years."

Credited as godfathers of the D.I.Y. movement, Bruno Wizard with guitarist Anton Heyman, bassist Jim Welton and a cast of revolving collaborators accumulated a treasure trove of other-worldly art-punk in the late 70s and early 80s, shunning the sniffs of big-label bloodhounds, only sporadically performing, and self-pressing tiny quantities of their own records only to disband completely by '83. Two recent archival releases---The Homosexuals CD (ReR), and the triple CD Astral Glamour (Hyped 2 Death), both lauded by Pitchfork and coveted by rock lovers in-the-know---have brought the Homosexuals legacy back into focus.

Love Guns? was produced by Bruno Wizard with drummer Travis Harrison at Serious Business Music in NYC and features Dave Siegel on guitar (Unsacred Hearts) and Mike Dossantos on bass (the Realistics, Apache Beat). Book-ended by two experimental noise nuggets, the EP shows Bruno remaining true to the shifting internal dynamics, lyrical sophistication, and spirit of musical self-sabotage that characterizes the group's classic work. The three songs that comprise the heart of the EP are "Slow Guns," a full-scale 70-s styled, hook-laden, anti-establishment punk anthem, "3AM (Pink Pony)," a sweet, slow building slice of bedroom pop, and "Don't Touch My Hair," a future-world mutant-disco dance-floor banger from outer space.

The Love Guns? EP is being initially released as a hand numbered 300-piece 10" vinyl pressing. Bruno Wizard has hand written a story across the entirety of the 300 pieces, with a unique sentence, a fragment or a few words appearing on each copy. Fans can compare their unique inscriptions, upload photos, and slowly piece together the entire story at www.thehomosexualsloveguns.com. This pressing is extremely limited so interested parties should order their copies NOW. http://seriousbusinessrecords.com/relea ... Love-Guns-

Resources:
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thehomosexuals
Label: http://seriousbusinessrecords.com/artists/show/17
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: The Homosexuals - 10 inch EP and US tour coming

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Dec 2008, 20:12

We've had Bruno's reconstituted Homosexuals several times at our series of Brooklyn loft parties and they're GREAT!

Bruno himself is incredibly fun to talk to - a born raconteur with a trove of amazing stories.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 05 Dec 2008, 20:38

Homosexuals???

ten inchers???

in YY??

call the thread police.
You don't like me...do you?

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Dec 2008, 21:18

I just saw that after posting...tour's over and no LA date. Drats.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Dec 2008, 21:18

yomptepi wrote:Homosexuals???

ten inchers???

in YY??

call the thread police.

What are you, a rockist?

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 06 Dec 2008, 04:07

bobzilla77 wrote:I just saw that after posting...tour's over and no LA date. Drats.

I missed them too- they played here a month ago. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the download link. The new stuff sounds great. And "Divorce Proceedings From Reality" is an ace track.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2008, 04:08

king of kings feeb wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:I just saw that after posting...tour's over and no LA date. Drats.

I missed them too- they played here a month ago. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the download link. The new stuff sounds great. And "Divorce Proceedings From Reality" is an ace track.

Wait till you hear "Don't Touch My Hair."
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

The Great Defecator

Postby The Great Defecator » 09 Sep 2017, 05:55

Why its ok for this band be called this?
The Great Defector wrote:"'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"Oskar whilde.

Return to “Yakety Yak”