Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Do talk back
User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29824
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Dec 2018, 04:26

Image

Image

Image
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29824
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Dec 2018, 04:29

Image

John and Paul 1974

Image

Peter Tork and Brian Jones at Monterey

Image

Image

Image

How many BCBers can name all three of these guys?
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29824
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Dec 2018, 04:38

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Matt Wilson on 23 Dec 2018, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40038
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Dec 2018, 04:46

Matt Wilson wrote:Image

How many BCBers can name all three of these guys?

Ian McLagan, Paul Westerberg, and John Doe?
Image

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29824
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Dec 2018, 04:54

Yeah, I didn't recognize Ian.

Image

Image

When Jimi plays with Johnny, Hendrix plays bass!
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40038
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Dec 2018, 05:32

Upside-down!
Image

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 14059
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Rayge » 26 Dec 2018, 11:00

Image

Ian Curtis at a Xmas drinks party at Maccesfield unemployment office, late 1970s (nicked from Twitter)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6342
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Dec 2018, 13:04

Charlie O. wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:Image

How many BCBers can name all three of these guys?



Mike Read, Peter Powell and Gary Davies....

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17174
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby clive gash » 27 Dec 2018, 12:41

Pre Fab: Norman Parkinson's early Beatles portraits

https://www.theguardian.com/music/galle ... abbey-road
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12398
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post a lesser-known rock piccie here

Postby Geezee » 31 Dec 2018, 12:35

Rayge wrote:
Ian Curtis at a Xmas drinks party at Maccesfield unemployment office, late 1970s (nicked from Twitter)


great pic.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON