Robot suffers heart attack

Do talk back
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Robot suffers heart attack

Postby KeithPratt » 23 Nov 2008, 11:55

Kraftwerk's Fritz Hilpert suffered heart failure, and as such they had to cancel their Melbourne show. Apparently he's already out of hospital.

Get well soon Fritz.

Talking of German electronic pioneers, Moritz Von Oswald also suffered a stroke last month as well.

:(

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Robot suffers heart attack

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Nov 2008, 12:12

Shit, I thought you meant Planty had succumbed.........
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

La Denim

Postby La Denim » 23 Nov 2008, 12:13

Rainier Bassfinder wrote:Kraftwerk's Fritz Hilpert suffered heart failure, and as such they had to cancel their Melbourne show. Apparently he's already out of hospital.

Get well soon Fritz.

Talking of German electronic pioneers, Moritz Von Oswald also suffered a stroke last month as well.

:(

:( Yeah, hope he's on the mend.

Slim

Postby Slim » 23 Nov 2008, 12:34

Diamond Dog wrote:Shit, I thought you meant Planty had succumbed.........

And I though you meant Smithy had succumbed....
You've made a happy man very old

James R
the grocer of despair

Postby James R » 23 Nov 2008, 12:53

Just as well I wasn't planning on going to that festival Kraftwerk are playing at anyway, I suppose. Hope he's OK.
pcqgod wrote:I like how Liebling progresses from a rotting, animated corpse living in his parents' basement to a slightly more life-affirming walking corpse by the end of the movie.

Goat Boy wrote:I recall a midget with large tits dancing.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 23 Nov 2008, 13:33

the danger of rock'n roll lifestyle

they really need to move around more on stage
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 06 Dec 2008, 04:40

James R wrote:Just as well I wasn't planning on going to that festival Kraftwerk are playing at anyway, I suppose. Hope he's OK.

Well he looked fine at the Hong Kong concert last night.

Interesting gig although the crowd were intensely annoying. I was near the stage but stood behind a bunch of American students recording the gig on their digital cameras so I had the watch the first three tracks on a 1 inch screen :evil: . Finally they moved away to record the show from a different angle allowing me a few moments of unobscured view before Yau Ming stood directly in front of me :evil: . Forced to move I ended up next to a loud mouthed German screaming for "Die Roboter" every minute and smoking cigarettes while his demented girlfriend danced like a dervish smashing her arms in my face :evil: .

Fortunately she decided to get up on stage at the intro to The Model and was promptly hauled away along with her boyfriend after security spotted smoke drifting onto the stage. He never did get to see “Die Roboter”. I was able to enjoy the second half of the gig without further interference.

I found the show itself quite fascinating. Four guys behind consoles each with completely different characters. Ralf Hütter seemed to be really into the music and was the only one apparently doing anything live as he sang and played the melodies on a keyboard. Henning Schmitz didn’t seem to do much other than press a few buttons but had an amused smirk on his face for the whole concert as if he couldn’t believe people had paid HK$700 to watch him stand behind a console.

A fully recovered Fritz Hilpert had a look of intense concentration as he twiddled with knobs. Stefan Pfaffe (Schneider’s replacement) didn’t even pretend to do anything other than stand there looking surly except when he momentarily broke into a huge grin mid way through when Hilpert apparently cracked a joke. Stefan may have been responsible for starting the visuals at the right moment as that was when he seemed most ‘active’ pressing an enter key or something on his laptop.

They were inevitably replaced by robots before returning with their groovy neon suits. Can’t help feeling that I never actually saw a live show at all (Music Non Stop continued as they all left the stage one by one) but I enjoyed it as a piece of theatre. Probably wouldn’t go again but I’m glad I saw them once.

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 06 Dec 2008, 04:46

Lord Belborough wrote:a loud mouthed German screaming for "Die Roboter" every minute and smoking cigarettes while his demented girlfriend danced like a dervish smashing her arms in my face :evil: .

Fortunately she decided to get up on stage at the intro to The Model and was promptly hauled away along with her boyfriend after security spotted smoke drifting onto the stage. He never did get to see “Die Roboter”.

You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Return to “Yakety Yak”