Return of the Son of Now Gigging

Do talk back
Hightea

Re: Return of the Son of Now Gigging

Postby Hightea » 04 Jul 2018, 04:30

last few months
Dweezel Zappa - nice show of Frank Zappa thruout his career. Really good setlist and great musicians but we had a hard time really getting into it because we saw Frank several times with the original musicians who played many of these songs and it some how ruined it for me.

Florence & the Machine - NIce to see Florence in a medium sized venue and up close. Florence continues to impress me live. She is full of energy and dances and sings all over the stage and into the audience. I even got my head rubbed by Florence and she looked into my eyes (killer). While she isn't BCBer's cup of tea she impresses me.

Richard Ashcroft - just love Richard live, it was nice to see him just with an acoustic guitar playing a mix of his solo stuff and plenty of classic Verve songs.

Courtney Barnett - Been a fan since seeing her at CMJ festival with about 30 people. This was a new album release show so she played the entire new album plus a few other songs. She still has the energy and love the guitar feedback jams she does live and you don't hear it as much on the albums.

Clearwater Festival - caught one day of the festival that I've gone to a few times since 84. It's the oldest ongoing festival in America going back to 66 when it was founded by Pete Seeger. Always fully of folk rock type acts. This year we caught Langhorn Slim, Beth Orton and Ani DiFranco. All three were wonderful

Lastly caught u2 last friday
u2's tour was about their new album and their youth. Bono told a bunch of stories of seeing violence as a boy. The setlist was heavy new album but they played Acrobat which was my favorite song of the night.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 04 Jul 2018, 08:44

Nice pics Hightea.

Saw Eels last night in Manchester.
Freakin’ A
or should that be
Freakin’ E
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jul 2018, 09:50

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Nice pics Hightea.

Freakin’ A
or should that be
Freakin’ E

they are in Glasgow tonight, can't manage to go. first time I've missed them on Tour in nearly 15 years.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 04 Jul 2018, 09:58

Jeemo wrote:

Freakin’ A
or should that be
Freakin’ E

they are in Glasgow tonight, can't manage to go. first time I've missed them on Tour in nearly 15 years.

:(
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 04 Jul 2018, 10:22

Hightea wrote: I even got my head rubbed by Florence and she looked into my eyes (killer).

oh god i've seen her do that on tv and makes me cringe so much - she seems to think she's some kind of shaman. but yeah I'm sure it's pretty cool. :)
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 04 Jul 2018, 11:48

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
Jeemo wrote:

Freakin’ A
or should that be
Freakin’ E

:(

it's a motherfucker
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 04 Jul 2018, 23:36

This past Friday I saw the Japanese band Tricot. They were amazing, combing kind of a Slint-ish post-rock groove with a '79 British post-punk aesthetic with short clipped guitar riffs, breakneck tempos and crazy time signature changes. Go see them if they're coming to your town.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 05 Jul 2018, 21:11

Geezee wrote:
Hightea wrote: I even got my head rubbed by Florence and she looked into my eyes (killer).

oh god i've seen her do that on tv and makes me cringe so much - she seems to think she's some kind of shaman. but yeah I'm sure it's pretty cool. :)

yeah I thought it would be creepy or strange but it was pretty cool. :D