Been Caught Stealing

Do talk back
king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 10 Mar 2007, 17:34

We want Serge's mail too!
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Mar 2007, 17:38

Kenji wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:
The Dirty Baron wrote:
Kenji wrote:
Corporal Moddie! wrote:
The Dirty Baron wrote:I love your criminal confessions, Kenji!

Yes! I think we should have a sticky "Kenji's criminal escapades". :lol:

I'm very lucky I think - I should be in a prison in 3 continents!

I've got your back in Texas!

If we can't implement "extraordinary rendition" under the Patriot act, I propose we use 28 U.S.C. § 1355 (forfeiture of assets located in foreign countries) to extradite Kenji's record collection to the U.S. as evidence in the ongoing investigation. I will take custody of said evidence and have it stored at our repository in Brooklyn.

Honestly only 3 albums in my collection were stolen by me...

Oh yeah, so who stole the rest?

You'll be issued a receipt for the collection, but it's going to be impounded for quite some time as we conduct our review!

I suggest you cooperate! :evil:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 Mar 2007, 18:03

Snarfyguy wrote:
Kenji wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:
The Dirty Baron wrote:
Kenji wrote:
Corporal Moddie! wrote:
The Dirty Baron wrote:I love your criminal confessions, Kenji!

Yes! I think we should have a sticky "Kenji's criminal escapades". :lol:

I'm very lucky I think - I should be in a prison in 3 continents!

I've got your back in Texas!

If we can't implement "extraordinary rendition" under the Patriot act, I propose we use 28 U.S.C. § 1355 (forfeiture of assets located in foreign countries) to extradite Kenji's record collection to the U.S. as evidence in the ongoing investigation. I will take custody of said evidence and have it stored at our repository in Brooklyn.

Honestly only 3 albums in my collection were stolen by me...

Oh yeah, so who stole the rest?

Ten bucks says it's his wife.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

marios

Postby marios » 10 Mar 2007, 18:50

Never actually stole a CD, but 4-5 times i got annoyed that a certain store in town never bothered to reprice their albums and put them on offer or something so i removed the actual price sticker (usually well over 10 pounds, for older albums) and replaced it with one i thought was more reasonable (usually under a fiver).

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 10 Mar 2007, 18:57

= marios = wrote:Never actually stole a CD, but 4-5 times i got annoyed that a certain store in town never bothered to reprice their albums and put them on offer or something so i removed the actual price sticker (usually well over 10 pounds, for older albums) and replaced it with one i thought was more reasonable (usually under a fiver).

I've busted people doing this a lot. Usually on old records.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 10 Mar 2007, 19:05

I knew a guy who stole a copy of Grand Funk Railroads "E Plurbus Funk" because the cover was round and "easy to steal"
I didn't tell him to return it so I guess I'm some sort of accessory after the fact.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court - isn't listening to Grand Funk Railroad punishment enough?

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 10 Mar 2007, 19:06

I never stole an album in my life, but in Junior High, I did trade a kid my pristine vinyl copy of Rush's 2112 for his old musty mono copy of Between the Buttons. Damn glad I made that trade.
kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re:

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jan 2009, 05:18

Ol' Dirty Baron wrote:I've got your back in Texas!

Sadly, I can no longer fulfill this offer.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Re: Been Caught Stealing

Postby Muskrat » 22 Jan 2009, 06:37

Whole Lotta Love, Boogie with Stu...oh, this isn't a Led Zeppelin thread?

I think I've only stolen twice: one was an Elvis Presley extended play (couldn't sneak an album under my jacket, probably); the next, years (well, a couple) later, was Coltrane's My Favorite Things.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Lord Rother wrote: I’m with Googs.

Insouciant Western People

Re:

Postby Insouciant Western People » 22 Jan 2009, 09:13

Ol' Dirty Baron wrote:I love your criminal confessions, Kenji!

They're great, aren't they ?

He's so polite and well-behaved on here, but I reckon in real life he's some kind of Yakuza boss.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 22 Jan 2009, 10:25

I once stole a tape of U2s Joshua Tree from my friend. He wans't listening to it so I took the liberty. Later on when he found it in my room I aggresively denied it was his until he showed me his name, written on the inside sleeve. Busted.

hookfinger

Postby hookfinger » 22 Jan 2009, 19:52

I once had a friend who worked at a head shop which had all kinds of oddball vinyl laying around. He got wind that the owners were closing up shop and stashed several boxes full of records. Unfortunately he didn't drive and no way to transport this trove home so he asked for my help. I agreed if i could also nick a box of records for myself. Well i couldn't find nearly an entire box of records i wanted but i do remember walking away with a pile of great old Robyn Hitchcock records, including original copies of both Soft Boys lps, some early Nick Cave and Dream Syndicate stuff.
Oh boy is it getting rough, when my old world charm isn't quite enough.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re:

Postby Snarfyguy » 22 Jan 2009, 19:59

Phenomenal Cat wrote:I never stole an album in my life, but in Junior High, I did trade a kid my pristine vinyl copy of Rush's 2112 for his old musty mono copy of Between the Buttons.

Sounds to me like someone got robbed.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Yakety Yak”