St Vincent on SNL

Do talk back
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

St Vincent on SNL

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Apr 2021, 17:43

I’ve been a bit up and down with St Vincent and haven’t known quite what to make of her current Young Americans intentional/ironic/ pastiche stuff but I was blown away by this performance on Saturday.

What do you think of it?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Mike Boom

Re: St Vincent on SNL

Postby Mike Boom » 06 Apr 2021, 18:21

Enjoyed it a lot, great song.
She has always seems a little too detached for my liking , but I thought that was pretty great.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Apr 2021, 02:57

Pretty sure I had nodded off by the time she did her second number of the night. I preferred her set on Austin City Limits.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 07 Apr 2021, 03:04

Minnie the Minx wrote:
I’ve been a bit up and down with St Vincent and haven’t known quite what to make of her current Young Americans intentional/ironic/ pastiche stuff but I was blown away by this performance on Saturday.

What do you think of it?

Wasn't so impressed with the first song of the night but loved this. See she is trying a little pop sound, like the piano and backup singers which help spark up her vocals. Then her typical nice live guitar work.

I've had my mixed feelings over the years with Annie but I've been seeing her since 07 her live shows are always amazing. Annie with her mellow soprano-like voice and jazz/rock instrumentals makes her hard to sometimes understand. Her albums are sort of disjointed which somehow works for her.

Also love her guitar work lots of Belew and Fripp undertones.

09 -All Points West Festival

I've never met Annie but did sit at a long table (opposite side) with her for an hour or so.