PSL: Double Header:Shuggie/Cargo: [now] Not Available

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

PSL: Double Header:Shuggie/Cargo: [now] Not Available

Postby C » 25 Mar 2021, 14:13

.



9pm
Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information

Image



9:45pm
Cargo - Cargo

Image


Cargo biography
Formed in Amsterdam, Netherlands in 1972 (Previously called "September") - Disbanded the same year

This unit started out as SEPTEMBER and recorded a few singles that hold no interest to progheads. They then changed their name to CARGO and recorded their sole album. CARGO consist of brothers Ad and Jan De Hont both on guitars, Willem DeVries on bass and vocals and English drummer Denis Whitbread. The music developed here is a seducing hard rock with a killer twin-guitar attack much in the line of WISHBONE ASH around their "Argus" album. The two brothers play delightfully long and cooperative guitar lines that intertwine beautifully (what a pleasure it is to follow in stereo their progress) proof of their long-standing mutual trust and camaraderie.





.
Last edited by C on 02 Apr 2021, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header- Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 25 Mar 2021, 15:45

Available on Spotify

We will be enjoying the original album of four tracks:

1. Sail Inside
2. Cross talking
3. Finding Out
4. Summerfair

The rest of the two CD release is singles, demos and stuff recorded under the original name of "September"






.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header- Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 31 Mar 2021, 16:53

Overmorrow




.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 01 Apr 2021, 18:17

C wrote:.



9pm
Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information

Image



9:45pm
Cargo - Cargo

Image


Cargo biography
Formed in Amsterdam, Netherlands in 1972 (Previously called "September") - Disbanded the same year

This unit started out as SEPTEMBER and recorded a few singles that hold no interest to progheads. They then changed their name to CARGO and recorded their sole album. CARGO consist of brothers Ad and Jan De Hont both on guitars, Willem DeVries on bass and vocals and English drummer Denis Whitbread. The music developed here is a seducing hard rock with a killer twin-guitar attack much in the line of WISHBONE ASH around their "Argus" album. The two brothers play delightfully long and cooperative guitar lines that intertwine beautifully (what a pleasure it is to follow in stereo their progress) proof of their long-standing mutual trust and camaraderie.





.


Tomorrow!





.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 18:45

Today




.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 20:44

gearin up on this fine friday.

i got my second vax shot this morning. feelin good.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 21:00

1. "Inspiration Information"
2. "Island Letter"
3. "Sparkle City"
4. "Aht Uh Mi Hed"
5. "Happy House"
6. "Rainy Day"
7. "XL-30"
8. "Pling!"
9. "Not Available"




.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:00

greetings, all! happy friday. dammmmn, the weather has been gorgeous here for two straight days. shall we shuggie?

a toast to absent friends.

*chink*

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:01

already luvvin the vibe

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10646
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby John aka Josh » 02 Apr 2021, 21:01

Good afternoon/evening!



I raise my glass to wish you good health and happiness, and as a toast to absent friends.




*chink*
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 21:01

Evening/afternoon all

To absent friends

*chink*




.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:01

John aka Josh wrote:Good afternoon/evening!



I raise my glass to wish you good health and happiness, and as a toast to absent friends.




*chink*


cheers and the selfsame to yewww

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10646
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby John aka Josh » 02 Apr 2021, 21:02

kath wrote:i got my second vax shot this morning. feelin good.






Great news!
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 21:02

kath wrote:already luvvin the vibe


Indeed kath and afternoon!

The only thing I know about Shuggie is that he plays on Zappa's Hot Rats.

He was 16....!





.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10646
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby John aka Josh » 02 Apr 2021, 21:02

kath wrote:already luvvin the vibe





He has the groove.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:03

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:i got my second vax shot this morning. feelin good.






Great news!


ya ya ya. me, chi chi and sam all got it at the same time.

now it's just my lad needin his second.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 21:03

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:i got my second vax shot this morning. feelin good.


Great news!


That's greta news kath

I've had my two too!

Fun-kay!

I love that slinky bass line and those tubs

Lovely




.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:04

C wrote:
kath wrote:already luvvin the vibe


Indeed kath and afternoon!

The only thing I know about Shuggie is that he plays on Zappa's Hot Rats.

He was 16....!





.


afternoon/evenin, c.

damn. 16.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41820
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby kath » 02 Apr 2021, 21:04

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:already luvvin the vibe





He has the groove.


it's a sweeeeet funkay groove, it is

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 62367
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Double Header: Shuggie Otis & Cargo, Friday 2nd April @ 9pm and 9:45pm

Postby C » 02 Apr 2021, 21:05

kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:i got my second vax shot this morning. feelin good.






Great news!


ya ya ya. me, chi chi and sam all got it at the same time.

now it's just my lad needin his second.


That's moving nicely in the US of A...!

Good old Biden!

Nice work


.

.
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote: ooooff

(sp)