Snow Patrol

Do talk back
robertff

Snow Patrol

Postby robertff » 04 Feb 2021, 16:44

Playing one of their albums at the moment - Final Straw, quite like it but it all sounds a little samey but good enough. Collected a few of their albums, always seem to cheap at boot fairs. Anyone here like them?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Snow Patrol

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Feb 2021, 16:58

Hmmmm
I mean they’re not ghastly but one song is quite enough for me.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

robertff

Postby robertff » 04 Feb 2021, 17:05

Minnie the Minx wrote:Hmmmm
I mean they’re not ghastly but one song is quite enough for me.

That one off that album n’est- ce pas?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Feb 2021, 17:11

Yeah lol
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 04 Feb 2021, 17:15

I saw snow patrol play at Dingwalls on the Camden pub crawl - 97? Something like that and they were a fast rocking band playing good songs. They had a cracking song called My Last Girlfriend. I even asked their roadie to tell them how great they were. Next thing I know they are following in Coldplay's slipstream and all their character has disappeared.
Curiously enough Final Straw was I believe produced by Jacknife Lee, whom I also saw play on the Camden pub crawl. He is a brilliant performer whose own slightly whacky material has never received the credit it is due. Instead he has gone on to a mega-career as a producer. Quite how his combination with the spiky snow patrol I saw turned them into such mush is beyond my understanding.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Feb 2021, 19:00

I think they are pretty decent, Final Straw and the one after that particularly.

Jock

Postby Jock » 04 Feb 2021, 19:39

Have any of you heard The Reindeer Section? Gary Lightbody's other band. A Scottish supergroup of sorts. Pretty good.
Always Cheated Never Defeated

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 04 Feb 2021, 20:46

Saw Snow Patrol a few times in the early 00's. First heard Songs for Polarbears in 00 which is their album before they turned toward Coldplay like.

Starfighter pilot

When Final Straw came out I was a fan of that album and the one after it. However, over the years I play it less and less.

I like the the Reindeer Section better these days.

Tired Pony is awful.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 04 Feb 2021, 20:49

Not my thing.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

50 Shades Of Blue

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 05 Feb 2021, 16:26

Jock wrote:Have any of you heard The Reindeer Section? Gary Lightbody's other band. A Scottish supergroup of sorts. Pretty good.

Greetings Jock. Great to see your avatar. Hope you are well. Do you fancy becoming Killie manager? I liked AD but he had to go. I am badly missing going to games. Watching on TV isn't the same. The worst value season ticket ever although Hibs are piling up the points.

Were the band in question not christened Snore Patrol because they are so boring.
Think every charity shop in Scotland has a copy of "Final Straw".
I have never intentionally listened to Snow Patrol but I do have 2nd The Reindeer Section album "Son Of Evil Reindeer" but it's been a long time since I played it. Norman Blake joined the band for the album which was a good reason to get it.
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses
As if i give a fuck
At best i think they suck

Jock

Postby Jock » 05 Feb 2021, 18:25

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:Have any of you heard The Reindeer Section? Gary Lightbody's other band. A Scottish supergroup of sorts. Pretty good.

Greetings Jock. Great to see your avatar. Hope you are well. Do you fancy becoming Killie manager? I liked AD but he had to go. I am badly missing going to games. Watching on TV isn't the same. The worst value season ticket ever although Hibs are piling up the points.

Were the band in question not christened Snore Patrol because they are so boring.
I have never intentionally listened to Snow Patrol but I do have 2nd The Reindeer Section album "Son Of Evil Reindeer" but it's been a long time since I played it. Norman Blake joined the band for the album which was a good reason to get it.

Aye. The fitba at RP is woeful. It'll get worse if Steven Pressley get the job :-(.
How's things with you?

50 Shades Of Blue

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 05 Feb 2021, 20:04

Jock wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:

Aye. The fitba at RP is woeful. It'll get worse if Steven Pressley get the job :-(.
How's things with you?

I'm coping Jock. Yes, Steven Presley is a rotten manager who coincidentally shares the same initials and characteristic with Snow Patrol ;)
Think you need Tommy Wright to steady the ship. Not an exciting option but he is pragmatic.
On the upside for Killie, Hamilton are finally looking done.

As if i give a fuck

Jock

Postby Jock » 05 Feb 2021, 20:34

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:

How's things with you?

I'm coping Jock. Yes, Steven Presley is a rotten manager who coincidentally shares the same initials and characteristic with Snow Patrol ;)
Think you need Tommy Wright to steady the ship. Not an exciting option but he is pragmatic.

Hamilton are like the shite that won't flush :lol: :lol:

50 Shades Of Blue

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 05 Feb 2021, 23:33

Jock wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:Aye. The fitba at RP is woeful. It'll get worse if Steven Pressley get the job :-(.
How's things with you?

Ah their ex commentator who told a tale of turds! :roll:

More worryingly our fitbaw chat has caused a snore patrol thread to reach 13 contributions!
I'm sure Funky Nomad has seen them which strikes adversely at his street cred.

As if i give a fuck

Jock

Postby Jock » 06 Feb 2021, 17:19

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:

Ah their ex commentator who told a tale of turds! :roll:

More worryingly our fitbaw chat has caused a snore patrol thread to reach 13 contributions!
I'm sure Funky Nomad has seen them which strikes adversely at his street cred.

:lol: :lol:

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 06 Feb 2021, 20:59

Music for bedwetters.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Return to “Yakety Yak”