Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 10 Jan 2021, 12:35

RIP Jesus - the ubiquitous concert-going tambourine player and dancer [often naked]

Image

Image








.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 10 Jan 2021, 16:46

London and south east based gigs/concerts/festivals probably....





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45973
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby The Prof » 10 Jan 2021, 20:42

I was just reading an article about him linked to from John Robb’s Louder Than War. I imagine he would have been a bit annoying if you were trying to watch a gig.
He’s here as well, too.

Image

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 42194
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Jan 2021, 23:00

Fascinating article thang posted at the other place (maybe the same one Prof saw):

https://medium.com/@JPRobinson/the-mystery-of-jesus-the-naked-hippie-dancer-9822c0da8765
Image

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45973
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby The Prof » 11 Jan 2021, 00:28

That's it - yeh.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 11 Jan 2021, 12:26

The Prof wrote:I was just reading an article about him linked to from John Robb’s Louder Than War. I imagine he would have been a bit annoying if you were trying to watch a gig.
He’s here as well, too.

Image


Thanks John

Presumably that’s the lad on the album cover?



.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 11 Jan 2021, 12:27

Charlie O. wrote:Fascinating article thang posted at the other place (maybe the same one Prof saw):

https://medium.com/@JPRobinson/the-mystery-of-jesus-the-naked-hippie-dancer-9822c0da8765


Thanks Chas!!



.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby LMG » 12 Jan 2021, 22:37

He certainly got around!

BY mad coincidence, tonight I was watching Nicolas Roeg's film of the second Glastonbury Fayre/Festival in 1971, and there's Jesus!



He is dancing on and off throughout, but features from about 1:40 onward in that clip. Also, if you see the film, he later duets on bongos with a companion who wears no trousers. On stage. With his bits all out.

Jesus.
And the January man comes round again
In woollen coat and boots of leather
To take another turn and walk along
The icy road he knows so well

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 36098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby yomptepi » 13 Jan 2021, 00:01

He was at the Steve Hillage / Queen gig in Hyde park in 76, skipping through the crowd causing much excitement. I remember a band called Supercharge played, and Kiki Dee. Halcyon days.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby John aka Josh » 13 Jan 2021, 21:20

yomptepi wrote:He was at the Steve Hillage / Queen gig in Hyde park in 76, skipping through the crowd causing much excitement. I remember a band called Supercharge played, and Kiki Dee. Halcyon days.




Supercharge and Kiki Dee did indeed perform. Kiki bought out a cardboard cutout of Elton John to assist in her performance of Don't Go Breaking My Heart. It still sounded shit.

Steve Hillage was excellent.



I was completely unaware of the presence of Jesus - perhaps I was too far back.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 14 Jan 2021, 15:27

John aka Josh wrote:I was completely unaware of the presence of Jesus


Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you






.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby John aka Josh » 14 Jan 2021, 22:59

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:I was completely unaware of the presence of Jesus


Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you






.



:lol: :lol: :lol:





When I was but a slip of a lad I had a bookmark with a copy of William Holman Hunt's Light of the World on it. By the time of the Hyde Park concert my faith had slipped.
Image

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 36098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby yomptepi » 15 Jan 2021, 19:58

John aka Josh wrote:
yomptepi wrote:He was at the Steve Hillage / Queen gig in Hyde park in 76, skipping through the crowd causing much excitement. I remember a band called Supercharge played, and Kiki Dee. Halcyon days.




Supercharge and Kiki Dee did indeed perform. Kiki bought out a cardboard cutout of Elton John to assist in her performance of Don't Go Breaking My Heart. It still sounded shit.

Steve Hillage was excellent.



I was completely unaware of the presence of Jesus - perhaps I was too far back.


Steve Hillage was magical. I as in awe. Imagine my disappointment when I paid good money for L , only to discover it was lifeless and flat.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Does anybody else remember Jesus Jellet RIP....?

Postby C » 15 Jan 2021, 20:47

yomptepi wrote: Imagine my disappointment when I paid good money for L , only to discover it was lifeless and flat.


:o







.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me