R.I.P. Chad Stuart

Do talk back
pcqgod

R.I.P. Chad Stuart

Postby pcqgod » 04 Jan 2021, 05:47

I don't believe we had a thread to mark the passing of Chad Stuart, one half of Chad & Jeremy. Stuart left us on December 20, 2020. As I'm sure you all know, Chad & Jeremy are remembered for a string of melodic pop hits and some memorable television appearances including "Batman" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show." I'm also a big fan of their 1968 album 'The Ark,' which I consider a minor psychedelic pop classic. That album was preceded by another psychedelic effort 'Of Cabbages and Kings,' which I found a bit excessive, but which had its moments.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Charlie O.

Re: R.I.P. Chad Stuart

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Jan 2021, 08:12

I'm a fan. I'm particularly a fan of that excessive album Of Cabbages And Kings, and especially of Stuart's composing and arranging on that album. I'm proud to say that I think I even played a part in getting it reissued!

He was a very talented and droll man; I'm glad I got to see him perform a few times, and wish it could have been more.

(all of the above written or co-written by CS)

pcqgod

Re: R.I.P. Chad Stuart

Postby pcqgod » 05 Jan 2021, 05:41

Charlie O. wrote:I'm a fan. I'm particularly a fan of that excessive album Of Cabbages And Kings, and especially of Stuart's composing and arranging on that album. I'm proud to say that I think I even played a part in getting it reissued!

Good work!
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Yakety Yak”