PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 08 Jan 2021, 21:53

A great album in great company

Thanks Dave
Thanks kath
Thanks John
Thanks Chris

To absent friends Reap and Loki and VC



x
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jan 2021, 21:53

LMG wrote:
C wrote:
kath wrote:
watch yerself, now.


Yes kath - I love the Moodies but a fair statistic





.


When I last caught up with him in Poundland, Arthur didn't think it was very fair at all. I had to subtly hide the CD of Knights In White Satin Play The Hits Of The Moody Blues in my basket under a box of Black Magic Chocolates to avoid a scene!




:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 08 Jan 2021, 21:53

LMG wrote:My supporters will amass at dawn to prevent the ceremonial announcement of the Bowie album.


Very good

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:




.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Jan 2021, 21:54

Well, that's an ear opener & one I need to revisit soon. Great choice Skip!





Thanks to all for the company, keep safe.




To Reap and Loki,

*chink*
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 40770
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 21:55

this was fantastic, folk. heavy, trippy, out there but balanced, weird but great, confident and fun and serious and nuts. i LOVE it.

a toast to absent friends.

a toast to y'all.

i hope everyone has a lovely weekend... in spite of the madness. in fact, in the face of it.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 40770
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 21:56

LMG wrote:
C wrote:
kath wrote:
no it aint. there are ten gazillion talentless bands that could've been used instead of the moodies, and i am not standin for it. so there.


Fair point.

Wash your mouth out Chris.

kath has a very valid point




.


Shan't. Won't. Can't make me.

My supporters will amass at dawn to prevent the ceremonial announcement of the Bowie album.


okay, wait.. is that dawn UK time?

christ, i hate time zones.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28991
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Jan 2021, 21:57

That was great, really enjoyed it. Now to dig further into Arthur's world! (I have the "Crazy World" album and a Vince Crane comp that has several tracks, but really need to hear more).

Cheers, all!
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come, Friday 8th January @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 08 Jan 2021, 21:59

C wrote:
LMG wrote:My supporters will amass at dawn to prevent the ceremonial announcement of the Bowie album.


Very good

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:




.


kath wrote:
okay, wait.. is that dawn UK time?

christ, i hate time zones.


Image
And the January man comes round again
In woollen coat and boots of leather
To take another turn and walk along
The icy road he knows so well

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 40770
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 22:04

i don't have a blue buffalo hat. why do i not have a blue buffalo hat?

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby LMG » 08 Jan 2021, 22:09

kath wrote:i don't have a blue buffalo hat. why do i not have a blue buffalo hat?


I had one but I took it off when it got too hot and I put it in a drawer in Nancy Pelosi's desk and then forgot about it. It's probably still there if you ask...

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby C » 08 Jan 2021, 22:09

toomanyhatz wrote:That was great, really enjoyed it. Now to dig further into Arthur's world! (I have the "Crazy World" album and a Vince Crane comp that has several tracks, but really need to hear more).

Cheers, all!


Great to have you aboard Dave!

Keep safe all

:::::::smack:::::::






.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 40770
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 22:15

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:i don't have a blue buffalo hat. why do i not have a blue buffalo hat?


I had one but I took it off when it got too hot and I put it in a drawer in Nancy Pelosi's desk and then forgot about it. It's probably still there if you ask...


like i'm gonna write that letter to nancy. that's what i need... feds at my door again.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come: Sunset...

Postby LMG » 08 Jan 2021, 22:17

That was great fun, all!

To absent friends!

*chink"