PSL: Band Week #6 - The Who: We've Had Enough

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

PSL: Band Week #6 - The Who: We've Had Enough

Postby C » 23 Dec 2020, 19:12

.





Friday 1st January @ 9pm
Quadrophenia


Image









.
Last edited by C on 01 Jan 2021, 22:33, edited 5 times in total.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 26 Dec 2020, 18:14

Live at Leeds TOMORROW!





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

Six String
Posts: 21396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: LL/PSL: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby Six String » 26 Dec 2020, 18:43

Of course I have these so count me in. I even have the same cd version of Leeds.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 19:07

Six String wrote:Of course I have these so count me in. I even have the same cd version of Leeds.


Good lad Les





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

Six String
Posts: 21396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby Six String » 27 Dec 2020, 21:01

Testing, testing, 1,2,3...
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:02

Evening/afternoon all

TO ABSENT FRIENDS

*chink*





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:03

Six String wrote:Testing, testing, 1,2,3...


Afternoon Les - thanks for coming

What a great opening mad tubs from the Moon lad



.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 27 Dec 2020, 21:03

Good afternoon/evening,


I raise my glass to wish you good health and happiness, and also to toast absent friends.



A Happy Christmas to you!
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:04

Heaven & Hell - a great Entwistle song

A perfect opener!




.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:05

John aka Josh wrote:Good afternoon/evening,


I raise my glass to wish you good health and happiness, and also to toast absent friends.



A Happy Christmas to you!


evening JJ

Including John and Moonie

Not a great guitarist as such but Pete makes a great sound!!!


bouncebouncebounce




.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby LMG » 27 Dec 2020, 21:05

Hello everyone. Merry AfterXmas.

To absent friends.

*chink*
And the January man comes round again
In woollen coat and boots of leather
To take another turn and walk along
The icy road he knows so well

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:06

A very nice little bass line

A powerhouse





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 27 Dec 2020, 21:06

C wrote:Heaven & Hell - a great Entwistle song

A perfect opener!




.



It took me a few plays to learn to love it, but now I find it stupendous. As so often with the Who, it's the interplay.
Image

Six String
Posts: 21396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby Six String » 27 Dec 2020, 21:06

Those drums on H&H are Olympian!
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:07

LMG wrote:Hello everyone. Merry AfterXmas.

To absent friends.

*chink*


An OvermorrowXmas!

Overmorrow - a great word




.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

Six String
Posts: 21396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby Six String » 27 Dec 2020, 21:07

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Heaven & Hell - a great Entwistle song

A perfect opener!




.



It took me a few plays to learn to love it, but now I find it stupendous. As so often with the Who, it's the interplay.


I wasn’t keen on it either initially but I have grown to love it as well.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:07

Six String wrote:Those drums on H&H are Olympian!


Indeed!

I Can't Explain......!

Where's kath....?




.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 10635
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby LMG » 27 Dec 2020, 21:07

Terrific song, Heaven and Hell - has everyone heard the version on the first Entwistle solo album, Smash Your Head Against The Wall?

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60630
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby C » 27 Dec 2020, 21:08

Six String wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Heaven & Hell - a great Entwistle song

A perfect opener!




.



It took me a few plays to learn to love it, but now I find it stupendous. As so often with the Who, it's the interplay.


I wasn’t keen on it either initially but I have grown to love it as well.


Indubitably





.
scrote wrote:carlsson beat me

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 10019
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT: Band Week #6 - The Who: Sunday 27th December & Friday 1st January @ 9pm

Postby John aka Josh » 27 Dec 2020, 21:09

C wrote:
Not a great guitarist as such but Pete makes a great sound!!!


bouncebouncebounce




.



Pete excels rhythmically - his chord work is always great.
Image