The Sonics destroy "Jingle Bells" !!

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

The Sonics destroy "Jingle Bells" !!

Postby GoogaMooga » 17 Nov 2020, 17:16

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, how I hate that song
Oh what hell it is to have to listen to that cra-ap

I have got a collection of some 30-40 Christmas CD's, and whenever I find another good one in thrift, I always make sure it is "Jingle Bells" free. My dislike of that song dates back to the late 70s, early 80s, and high school in Tokyo. On my way to school, and returning home in the evening, I'd pass by Tokyu Dept. Store, and they'd have "Jingle Blecch" blasting out into the street! For most of December, right up to the 25th. But now, as the last track on my 1999 Norton reissue of "Here Are the Sonics!!!", a track called "The Village Idiot", our boys from Seattle DESTROY that old song. Hilarious piss-take, but whether it bears repeated listening, remains to be seen. After all, it IS fucking "Jingle Bells"...

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Charlie O.

Re: The Sonics destroy "Jingle Bells" !!

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Nov 2020, 18:21

Never liked it at all (unlike their other two Christmas songs, which are great), but I don't have your peculiar distaste for the song, so...

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 17 Nov 2020, 18:35

Charlie O. wrote:Never liked it at all (unlike their other two Christmas songs, which are great), but I don't have your peculiar distaste for the song, so...

The Sonics are my heroes. I've only played "The Village Idiot" once, and I may grow tired of it yet. But, it is the last track on the CD, which means that I'd just have to get up from my seat and stop the player 2:32 minutes earlier.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 17 Nov 2020, 19:25

That was pretty funny.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?