'save tip's' benefit

Do talk back
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

'save tip's' benefit

Postby kath » 12 Nov 2020, 12:42

i've talked about my many times at tipitina's around here. now, it needs saving. saturday night. the benefit is free to view. and if you could, send a few bucks their way.

thanks in advance.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/article_8dc8f99e-2441-11eb-94c0-67e00dc43dc3.html

From Professor Longhair to Big Freedia, 'Save Tip's' benefit features a New Orleans who's who

To get a sense of how important Tipitina’s is to musicians from New Orleans and beyond, consider the roster for “Save Tip’s,” the free, livestreamed, three-plus-hour benefit airing at 8 p.m. Saturday via tipitinas.com.

The roster of dozens of performers, featured in either archival clips or newly recorded performances, includes Fats Domino, Professor Longhair, Willie Nelson, Dr. John, Wilco, Widespread Panic, the Revivalists, the Funky Meters, Michael Franti & Spearhead and St. Paul & the Broken Bones.

The show also features Galactic, whose members own the club, as well as Tank & the Bangas, Big Freedia, Juvenile, Dumpstaphunk, Samantha Fish, Anders Osborne and a host of other local favorites.

Sprinkled throughout the music roster are special collaborations, such as Gregg Allman performing with the Radiators, Allen Toussaint sitting in with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Jon Batiste & Stay Human with special guest Trombone Shorty.

Other goodies will be interspersed throughout the program. All in all, it promises to be a celebratory overload of New Orleans music, all the while raising money to help keep the lights on at one of the city’s most important clubs during the coronavirus pandemic.

Fans can donate for a chance to win a variety of virtual and in-real-life experiences offered through Fandiem, a digital sweepstakes marketplace.

The “Save Tip’s” benefit is part of the second season of “Tipitina’s TV,” the club’s weekly web-streaming performance series. Unlike other episodes of “Tipitina’s TV,” this Saturday’s “Save Tip’s” benefit is free to watch.

Donations can be made by texting "savetips" to 24365.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: 'save tip's' benefit

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Nov 2020, 13:29

Thanks for the heads up!
Similar things happening in Austin too for The Continental - will post link when on a proper PC
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 12 Nov 2020, 15:10

Minnie the Minx wrote:Thanks for the heads up!
Similar things happening in Austin too for The Continental - will post link when on a proper PC

No! Not The Continental!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Nov 2020, 15:14

I Know :(
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Nov 2020, 00:17

Two of the best clubs in the entire southern part of the U.S. Thanks for the heads up. I could use a little second line insanity. Anders Osborne is the shizzle!