The only album I have ever played more than 100 times

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: The only album I have ever played more than 100 times

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Sep 2020, 18:13

C wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:You are absolutely right. I too am guilty of that, although not in the 100's. It's a dilemma - on the one hand, I want to explore, on the other, I want to familiarize myself more with the stuff I've got

I'll be provocative Googs:

I would suggest you can't possibly know any album well unless you have played it at least ten times.

I have a few albums that I have only played in single figures and on occasions I pick it up again I don't even recognise it!

Also, I cull regularly. I get rid of albums I don't play any more.

My last cull was about two years ago when I took about 80 CDs to the charity/thrift shop

Life is too short and I am not willing to get another cabinet built.

My brother is the opposite - I buy him stuff he doesn't like but he insists on keeping it rather than passing it on. [I have nothing in my collection I don't like. It seems obvious to me actually]

An odd lad

Yes, C, I agree, and I have had major purges in the past. I have even posted some cull lists here. Now gearing up for my biggest cull ever, this one will be so ruthless, it will hurt.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

C
Robust

Re: The only album I have ever played more than 100 times

Postby C » 26 Sep 2020, 18:26

GoogaMooga wrote:Now gearing up for my biggest cull ever, this one will be so ruthless, it will hurt.

It'll only hurt for a short while Googs-lad

It will be worth it!

:D
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

Return to “Yakety Yak”