Beatles: 50 years since break up. Thoughts

Do talk back
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Beatles: 50 years since break up. Thoughts

Postby Jimbo » 14 Sep 2020, 05:31

My intro to the Beatles was via a grainy film clip on the Jack Parr late night talk show where he mentioned this phenomenon sweeping England. So shitty was the clip I soon forgot about it and certainly had then not become a Beatlemaniac until soon after on a junior high school field trip where Barbara Lutz had brought along on the school bus going to a New York City museum a battery powered record player (the first I'd seen?) and one 45 rpm record with I Want To Hold Your Hand on one side and I Saw Her Standing There on the other. Over and over she played the records and not once did I tire of the music.

Soon I was at the Woolworths buying Beatles for President stickers and considering a wig. I did start parting my hair on the right so it flopped over and touched my ear tops on the left. What an ear tingle that gave old Jimbo!
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

robertff

Re: Beatles: 50 years since break up. Thoughts

Postby robertff » 14 Sep 2020, 15:20

Wish they'd reform.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 14 Sep 2020, 15:27

They never were great shakes after the split.

Ringo had a couple of sublime hit singles, George made well crafted albums and remains my favorite solo Beatle.

John started out weird, got better and then lost it all.

Macca keeps churning out shit albums and I wonder who buys his expensive re-issues.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Sep 2020, 16:57

Yeah, the break up. I remember thinking it was weird. Breaking up? What band had ever broken up before? (Ans. All of them, dummy.) Hearing the first Wings album, not knowing what the hell was a Wings, I thought they got back together. I frankly didn't know John's voice from Paul's - or George's for that matter. It wasn't until they issued the separate Paul/John/George songs albums that I got a clue.

I remember more clearly when the Stones broke up. I thought Mick's solo stuff was Stonsey enough to not miss the whole band. But none of the Beatles stuff, aside from some Wings, sounded very Beatlesy.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Sep 2020, 18:20

An old quote but applies here ...

Aristotle said that, “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.