Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight: The Virgin Recordings 1980 – 1983

Do talk back
Pool Hall Richard

Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight: The Virgin Recordings 1980 – 1983

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 11 Sep 2020, 22:03

I did pickup the previous In Search Of Hades - The Virgin Recordings 1973 1979 box in an amazon deal and love it. Not sure of their quality in the early 80's but looks another nice set, will check these out on spotify/youtube, if any good will likely obtain. Selling for just under £100.

Any fans of TD?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight: The Virgin Recordings 1980 – 1983

Postby Matt Wilson » 11 Sep 2020, 22:26

Damn, no 5.1 mixes.

Jimbly

Re: Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight: The Virgin Recordings 1980 – 1983

Postby Jimbly » 11 Sep 2020, 23:30

The last set was brilliant, this one is not as essential but is worth getting.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

C
Robust

Postby C » 12 Sep 2020, 01:29

Pool Hall Richard wrote:
Any fans of TD?

I am a massive fan

kath wrote:(she squints, focusing all her concentration...)

inn dooooob ittt ableeee.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 01:43

C wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:
Any fans of TD?

I am a massive fan

do you people have money growin out yer ass? is that what it is??

sorry. new experience in my life.
(how do you people buy all this shit you want? how???)

(suddenly it hits her.)

okay. you all have jobs.

... BASTARDS.

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 12 Sep 2020, 10:02

kath wrote:
C wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:
Any fans of TD?

I am a massive fan

do you people have money growin out yer ass? is that what it is??

sorry. new experience in my life.
(how do you people buy all this shit you want? how???)

(suddenly it hits her.)

okay. you all have jobs.

... BASTARDS.

I beat myself up for ages before i actually invest, do i really need this, want this? Only got the last set as was intrigued enough by the 2 TD cd's i had - Hades box came down to £55 for 18 discs. Worth the punt, could always cover my costs if didnt enjoy and wanted to sell on.

This new box unsure of but same format as the first, amazon pre-order price "might" drop again (unlikely) but in the meantime before release will check this era out and keep a note in my calendar to ensure i cancel before dispatch if im not feeling i can afford.

Could always "download," will see/decide nearer the time.

kath

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 12:25

oh, i didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about it or anything. don't mind me. i'm just venting.

i was spoiled for years by someone who would just buy shit or download shit, and there it was. i can't buy much and i don't know how to download, so i am... let's call it adjusting, mwhaha. everyone around here are pros at managing the acquisition of major amounts of music. in some ways, i am basically startin from scratch.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Sep 2020, 12:32

It looks like another lovely set but I don't really like this era of TD quite enough to justify replacing my existing CDs which all sound perfectly fine to me. I'm a sucker for a nice box set but I'll pass on this. In Search of Hades was a fabulous set, well worth the money

C
Robust

Postby C » 12 Sep 2020, 13:36

Of the Top of my head - that era:

Exit, White Eagle, Thief, Logos, Hyperborea...(?)

the last two Ive mentioned are excellent

I won't be getting the box though

I don't tend to do boxes.

Too much stuff - I play them once and then archive them

Even this: (!)

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Sep 2020, 17:04

C wrote:Of the Top of my head - that era:

And Tangram

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 12 Sep 2020, 17:59

kath wrote:oh, i didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about it or anything. don't mind me. i'm just venting.

i was spoiled for years by someone who would just buy shit or download shit, and there it was. i can't buy much and i don't know how to download, so i am... let's call it adjusting, mwhaha. everyone around here are pros at managing the acquisition of major amounts of music. in some ways, i am basically startin from scratch.

Nobody feels bad, all is good ;)

There is a fine site where many new releases appear (ahem,) seems to be well known around these parts, pretty sure the TD release will end up on there.

kath

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 19:03

Pool Hall Richard wrote:
kath wrote:oh, i didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about it or anything. don't mind me. i'm just venting.

Nobody feels bad, all is good ;)

There is a fine site where many new releases appear (ahem,) seems to be well known around these parts, pretty sure the TD release will end up on there.

(she grins...) well, ya know i shoot off my mouth a lot. where i do it, in which thread, is not always entirely relevant, mwhaha.

by the way, we had a mammoth marathon of a TD synch listen when edgar froese died. i mean hours. this is becuz we are all completely well.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Sep 2020, 08:40

Since it includes the never before released soundtracks to The Keep and The Soldier it's an essential for me.

My love for TD started with Tangram. The Schmoelling-years were influential for me as this was the time I started to follow the band, looking both forward and back in their catalogue. After he left the band drifted into mediocrity until the recent renaissance of the band with the Quantum -releases.

NB- Thorsten Quaeshning has just restarted his series of live concerts under the name Behind Closed Doors- his last outing with Paul Frick and Harald Grosskopf was terrific.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 10:21

trans-chigley express wrote:
C wrote:Of the Top of my head - that era:

And Tangram

Of course!

An excellent album

Today, I'd rate:

1. Hyperborea
2. Logos
3. Tangram

There's gnat's testicle between them though.

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 10:23

kath wrote:by the way, we had a mammoth marathon of a TD synch listen when edgar froese died. i mean hours.

It was fantastic!

Five albums on the trot.....?!

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 13 Sep 2020, 13:58

I'm to old for this box set
Only care for the classic Franke, Froese & Baumann line up.
Might go for some of the individuell titles...
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!