It's Bandcamp Friday!

Do talk back
Charlie O.

It's Bandcamp Friday!

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Sep 2020, 21:00

As regular Bandcamp customers probably already know, on the first Friday of every month (at least for the duration of the pandemic) Bandcamp waives their share of revenue from purchases, passing the money on to the artists/labels.

Download-wise I just got a brand new album by 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) and pre-ordered a Pylon "box set" (the physical version is vinyl-only,,, feh on that nonsense). Plus I got an actual 3CD box (with hi-res download included) by '70s Canadian electronic rock pioneer John Mills-Cockell (Intersystems, Syrinx, second Kensington Market album), and a CD (no dl) by Brazilian duo Edu Passeto & Gui Tavares which I'm buying on faith as I wasn't able to listen first.

By the way, Brazilian music fans: the Far Out label has a 20% Off discount code good for today only ('til midnight PST) - FAROUT20. (Which is one reason I took a chance on that CD.)

never/ever

Re: It's Bandcamp Friday!

Postby never/ever » 06 Sep 2020, 00:26

I usually opt for getting downloads from artists and friends on that day to ensure that they get top dollar for their product.
Grabbed the new Perge, Mogwai live, some Peter Bjargo and the new singles of All India Radio and a young and upcoming artist by the name of Conny Olivetti.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Re: It's Bandcamp Friday!

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 06 Sep 2020, 07:14

never/ever wrote:I usually opt for getting downloads from artists and friends on that day to ensure that they get top dollar for their product.
Grabbed the new Perge, Mogwai live, some Peter Bjargo and the new singles of All India Radio and a young and upcoming artist by the name of Conny Olivetti.

Young and upcoming! I like that :-)
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!