PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac: Coming Home

Do talk back
User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 9104
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:32

Rattlesnake Shake was usually a 20 minute workout live I believe.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:33

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
Another fabulous album - Danny K years box coming soon.


seriously??


Would I lie to you???

https://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwoo ... rs-2713980


yayyyyy. bare trees... and future games siiigh

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:34

Nice signature Chris!




.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 9104
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:35

Should Harrison have got Peter rather than Eric to play on While My Guitar Gently Weeps?
Image

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9854
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:36

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
seriously??


Would I lie to you???

https://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwoo ... rs-2713980


yayyyyy. bare trees... and future games siiigh


Some very underrated albums in that package - it goes on after Danny Kirwin left to just before the eponymous 1975 album.

Nice to see the Mac exploring their amazing legacy.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9854
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:37

John aka Josh wrote:Should Harrison have got Peter rather than Eric to play on While My Guitar Gently Weeps?


No. He should have left Clapton on guitar and got Pete to shag his missus.

Did I say that out loud?
Last edited by LMG on 31 Jul 2020, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:38

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:


yayyyyy. bare trees... and future games siiigh


Some very underrated albums in that package - it goes on after Danny Kirwin left to just before the eponymous 1975 album.

Nice to see the Mac exploring their amazing legacy.


agreed.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:39

LMG wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Should Harrison have got Peter rather than Eric to play on While My Guitar Gently Weeps?


No. He should have left Clapton on guitar and got Pete to shag his missus.

Did I say that out loud?


mwhahahaha ohhh yer badness level is very high today

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:39

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
love to danny too. two of his songs on bare trees make me cry


Another fabulous album - Danny K years box coming soon.


seriously??


I recall we did Bare Trees once

Remember googling who Mrs. Scarrott was!






.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:39

Adequate tubs




.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 9104
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:39

More of the edited jamming - I too would welcome more of this.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:40

Air guitar in C's study!!!




.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:40

John aka Josh wrote:More of the edited jamming - I too would welcome more of this.


Madge part 2

Not 'arf JJ lad

Not 'arf!!




.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:42

C wrote:
kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
Another fabulous album - Danny K years box coming soon.


seriously??


I recall we did Bare Trees once

Remember googling who Mrs. Scarrott was!






.


bare trees was the first mac pre-selftitled i bought. and then i just kept goin backwards mwhaha

great drums and gweetar

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:43

i got booted off my pc again. at least spotify still goin

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:43

Incidentally Chris - you mentioned Blind Faith jamming

It was awful - I had the original vinyl then the first CD with three extras which was not good and then the 2 CD job which was even worse.

Eventually they released then remaster with just the original tracks - no penalty tracks

Phew!



.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57816
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:44

kath wrote:i got booted off my pc again. at least spotify still goin


Stick with it lass!

My Dream - lovely






.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37905
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:44

more beautiful vibe with my dream

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9854
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:45

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
yayyyyy. bare trees... and future games siiigh


Some very underrated albums in that package - it goes on after Danny Kirwin left to just before the eponymous 1975 album.

Nice to see the Mac exploring their amazing legacy.


agreed.


With Mick's astonishing tribute to Peter Green in February of this year and all.

http://www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com/petergreentribute/

I mean 'struth - bands bands represented on stage that evening: Fleetwood Mac, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Oasis, Aerosmith, Crowded House, and the son of a Beatle!

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9854
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:45

C wrote:Incidentally Chris - you mentioned Blind Faith jamming

It was awful - I had the original vinyl then the first CD with three extras which was not good and then the 2 CD job which was even worse.

Eventually they released then remaster with just the original tracks - no penalty tracks

Phew!



.


It was certainly not up to the standard of 'Do What You Like'!

:lol: