kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:46

C wrote:
kath wrote:i got booted off my pc again. at least spotify still goin

Stick with it lass!

My Dream - lovely

oh i am. i love this album so. i will hafta come back later and realllly talk about it.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:47

C wrote:
kath wrote:i got booted off my pc again. at least spotify still goin

Stick with it lass!

My Dream - lovely

'tis - with a discernible touch of Hank Marvin included.

kath

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:47

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
Some very underrated albums in that package - it goes on after Danny Kirwin left to just before the eponymous 1975 album.

Nice to see the Mac exploring their amazing legacy.

agreed.

With Mick's astonishing tribute to Peter Green in February of this year and all.

http://www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com/petergreentribute/

I mean 'struth - bands bands represented on stage that evening: Fleetwood Mac, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Oasis, Aerosmith, Crowded House, and the son of a Beatle!

i must visit this properly when i can

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:49

woman's got the bluuues

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:49

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
agreed.

With Mick's astonishing tribute to Peter Green in February of this year and all.

http://www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com/petergreentribute/

I mean 'struth - bands bands represented on stage that evening: Fleetwood Mac, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Oasis, Aerosmith, Crowded House, and the son of a Beatle!

i must visit this properly when i can

I left out ZZ Top!
"Only the TRUE members of the Prog Illuminati are confused about whether they are members of the Prog Illuminati!"

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:50

this sounds so so good. i keep sayin it. i dont care that i do, mwhahaha. future games has that deep, deeeeep atmo vibe thing goin on

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:52

It's a shame Danny and Peter didn't get on.

Hopefully they do now.....

Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:52

Peter Green, you are indeed mourned. What talent! What soul!

Since it would hardly be a Synch listen without an LMG namedrop, here is a true story I posted on another site:

"I had a long-time friend and academic associate David Colenso who as a student used to play saxophone with the many musicians in the Richmond and Kingston area in the mid-1960s, usually in pubs - one of whom was a pre-fame Peter Green.

David suffered from several of the issues that afflicted Peter Green, and he was not really interested in music after the 1960s, when he set his sax aside. Whenever pub conversation turned to music he would recall his happy youth just bringing the pleasures of rhythm and blues to small but appreciative audiences. David would always ask me what happened to Peter Green, soon forgetting after I told him that he founded one of the most successful bands in rock music and wrote several tunes that most of the folks in the pub would recognise.

He would tuck away his stories until the next time conversation turned to music. I genuinely did not believe he could conceive of blues/rock music the way we do, having left it behind while having been at the birth of one of the most fertile periods in its history.

Sadly, David passed on over twenty years ago, and tonight I will be toasting the two musicians who played the music they loved with unabashed but restrained enthusiasm never dreaming where the journey would lead."

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:53

C wrote:It's a shame Danny and Peter didn't get on.

do you know the story behind this... was there a particular reason why?

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:53

Knowing what's to come makes this even sadder.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:54

LMG wrote:Peter Green, you are indeed mourned. What talent! What soul!

Since it would hardly be a Synch listen without an LMG namedrop, here is a true story I posted on another site:

"I had a long-time friend and academic associate David Colenso who as a student used to play saxophone with the many musicians in the Richmond and Kingston area in the mid-1960s, usually in pubs - one of whom was a pre-fame Peter Green.

David suffered from several of the issues that afflicted Peter Green, and he was not really interested in music after the 1960s, when he set his sax aside. Whenever pub conversation turned to music he would recall his happy youth just bringing the pleasures of rhythm and blues to small but appreciative audiences. David would always ask me what happened to Peter Green, soon forgetting after I told him that he founded one of the most successful bands in rock music and wrote several tunes that most of the folks in the pub would recognise.

He would tuck away his stories until the next time conversation turned to music. I genuinely did not believe he could conceive of blues/rock music the way we do, having left it behind while having been at the birth of one of the most fertile periods in its history.

Sadly, David passed on over twenty years ago, and tonight I will be toasting the two musicians who played the music they loved with unabashed but restrained enthusiasm never dreaming where the journey would lead."

Thanks for posting this.

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:54

Nice Chris

A lovely story

Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:55

oh well is so fucquin phenomenal. reap used to go around singin it all the damn time, mwhahahaha.

it used to piss me off so much that so many comps would just put part one on, but not part two. how stoopit is that?

i lovelovelove this warped track.. .and how it moves into a classic almost western soundtrack, oooof

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 21:56

i will add my toast as well. ::smack::

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:56

kath wrote:oh well is so fucquin phenomenal.

it used to piss me off so much that so many comps would just put part one on, but not part two. how stoopit is that?

Indubitably.

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:56

Sarah Elsdon - Peter's girlfriend in recorder

See the article I posted on page 1 or 2. An interview with her

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:56

John aka Josh wrote:

Indubitably.

*yay*

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 31 Jul 2020, 21:57

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

Indubitably.

*yay*

I aim to please!

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 21:57

kath wrote:
C wrote:It's a shame Danny and Peter didn't get on.

do you know the story behind this... was there a particular reason why?

Danny K had a volatile temperament. He was upset easily and bruised easily. He felt PG was unduly criticising him. He was often drunk and wrecked rooms, he once threw a bottle at Pete's head on stage.

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 21:57

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

Indubitably.

*yay*

I aim to please!

Good lad

:lol: