Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Jun 2020, 22:54

Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - any fans? Each a star in his own right, but together they were dynamite! There was Sonny with his intermittent whoops and his sharp blasts of harmonica, and Brownie with his lightning finger-picking, they complemented each other perfectly. Add drums, piano, bass and you've got a blues band on fire. The old See For Miles CD is as good a place as any to start.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Re: Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee

Postby Muskrat » 01 Jul 2020, 19:43

This thread has remained sans comments for too long. So I'll post, probably not for the first time, this Michael Franks composition.

Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.

John aka Josh

Re: Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee

Postby John aka Josh » 01 Jul 2020, 20:51

Muskrat wrote:This thread has remained sans comments for too long. So I'll post, probably not for the first time, this Michael Franks composition.

Featuring John Mayall.