Prog Synch Listen: Gong: (We) Tried So Hard

Do talk back
User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby kath » 26 Jun 2020, 22:17

Hightea wrote:Gliss orchestra - 10 guitarists doing Hillage/Allan gliss guitar.
Image


excellent

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby LMG » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

C wrote:Sadly the last track...





.


Over far too soon!!

Let us have the whole show!

Hugh
Posts: 15887
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hugh » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

Hightea wrote:
Hugh wrote:
Hightea wrote:
Hugh were in Scotland are you. Only been to the highlands but f*cking loved it.


Just outside Edinburgh. The photo in my sig is Edinburgh Castle.

nice need to get there. Have you been to Isle of Skye? one of the nicest places I've ever been.


Alas, no. The furthest north I have been is Inverness.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57285
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby C » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

the perfect ending








.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

Hugh
Posts: 15887
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hugh » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

That was lovely. Thank you, friends. xx

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong, Friday 26th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

kath wrote:
the first time i ever smoked pot, i was maybe 12, i smoked wayyy too much. i actually started tripping. i decided to take a bath and i saw all these happy gnomes coming out of the carpet. it's true. i had a BLAST, mwhahaha.

pot never did that to me again. so i found what did. hee heee

but i gave it all up when i started the spawning process. it was time.


Ah. A long while back I went to Amsterdam with my long-term girlfriend Jaye - oddly also a longtime Gong fan. We resisted the temptations of the hash bars for cultural pursuits until halfway through our holiday there, then we nipped into a café called 'Lucky Mothers' which was actually closed but the friendly owner opened up and sold us a goodly quantity of 'special blend' for the equivalent of five pounds.

Off we duly went to the park, laughing at the guide book's suggestion as to what to do if in drugged trouble - go to a policeman and say 'myself (or my friend) has had too much (insert name of drug). Can you help, please?'

So we sat by a stream and rolled up. A leisurely few puffs later we agreed the stuff was far too mellow, and we had wasted our money. I watched a swan travel slowly down the stream, and was rather surprised to notice that at points it appeared further back, then like a jump cut was much further along then returned to the start. And smiled knowingly?

'It's just like Oxford sitting here in the park with a...swan' she said
'But we aren't in Oxford now - are we?' said I.
'Don't think so...'

My goodness we were tripping. We almost had to resort to a policeman to find our hotel!

Happy days.

But I don't do that no mo-wah.
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2522
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hightea » 26 Jun 2020, 22:18

so have we done a double album before this seems like the longest album we have done.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby kath » 26 Jun 2020, 22:19

LMG wrote:
C wrote:Sadly the last track...





.


Over far too soon!!

Let us have the whole show!


we really do neeeeed the whole show.

we could have a camp out sync listen, mwhahahaha.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57285
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby C » 26 Jun 2020, 22:20

Thanks all

A great album in great company

Thanks JJ
Thanks kath
Thanks Hugh
Thanks HT
Thanks Chris

To absent friends

*chink*





x
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby kath » 26 Jun 2020, 22:20

Hightea wrote:so have we done a double album before this seems like the longest album we have done.


the allmans hittin the note might be longer.

but as far as long sync listens in general go, we pulled a five album run one time, mwhahahahaaa

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby LMG » 26 Jun 2020, 22:20

Thanks to everybody.

Here's to absent friends.

*chink*
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2522
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong, Friday 26th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Hightea » 26 Jun 2020, 22:21

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
the first time i ever smoked pot, i was maybe 12, i smoked wayyy too much. i actually started tripping. i decided to take a bath and i saw all these happy gnomes coming out of the carpet. it's true. i had a BLAST, mwhahaha.

pot never did that to me again. so i found what did. hee heee

but i gave it all up when i started the spawning process. it was time.


Ah. A long while back I went to Amsterdam with my long-term girlfriend Jaye - oddly also a longtime Gong fan. We resisted the temptations of the hash bars for cultural pursuits until halfway through our holiday there, then we nipped into a café called 'Lucky Mothers' which was actually closed but the friendly owner opened up and sold us a goodly quantity of 'special blend' for the equivalent of five pounds.

Off we duly went to the park, laughing at the guide book's suggestion as to what to do if in drugged trouble - go to a policeman and say 'myself (or my friend) has had too much (insert name of drug). Can you help, please?'

So we sat by a stream and rolled up. A leisurely few puffs later we agreed the stuff was far too mellow, and we had wasted our money. I watched a swan travel slowly down the stream, and was rather surprised to notice that at points it appeared further back, then like a jump cut was much further along then returned to the start. And smiled knowingly?

'It's just like Oxford sitting here in the park with a...swan' she said
'But we aren't in Oxford now - are we?' said I.
'Don't think so...'

My goodness we were tripping. We almost had to resort to a policeman to find our hotel!

Happy days.

But I don't do that no mo-wah.

ha first time I went to Amsterdam I got lost along the canals and was so high forgot the name of my hotel.
Luckily I eventually came down and remembered. haha

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong, Friday 26th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 26 Jun 2020, 22:21

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
the first time i ever smoked pot, i was maybe 12, i smoked wayyy too much. i actually started tripping. i decided to take a bath and i saw all these happy gnomes coming out of the carpet. it's true. i had a BLAST, mwhahaha.

pot never did that to me again. so i found what did. hee heee

but i gave it all up when i started the spawning process. it was time.


Ah. A long while back I went to Amsterdam with my long-term girlfriend Jaye - oddly also a longtime Gong fan. We resisted the temptations of the hash bars for cultural pursuits until halfway through our holiday there, then we nipped into a café called 'Lucky Mothers' which was actually closed but the friendly owner opened up and sold us a goodly quantity of 'special blend' for the equivalent of five pounds.

Off we duly went to the park, laughing at the guide book's suggestion as to what to do if in drugged trouble - go to a policeman and say 'myself (or my friend) has had too much (insert name of drug). Can you help, please?'

So we sat by a stream and rolled up. A leisurely few puffs later we agreed the stuff was far too mellow, and we had wasted our money. I watched a swan travel slowly down the stream, and was rather surprised to notice that at points it appeared further back, then like a jump cut was much further along then returned to the start. And smiled knowingly?

'It's just like Oxford sitting here in the park with a...swan' she said
'But we aren't in Oxford now - are we?' said I.
'Don't think so...'

My goodness we were tripping. We almost had to resort to a policeman to find our hotel!

Happy days.

But I don't do that no mo-wah.


ohhhhhhh i do so love this.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57285
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby C » 26 Jun 2020, 22:22

Hightea wrote:so have we done a double album before this seems like the longest album we have done.


We did Soft Machine's Third a couple of weeks ago and Rory's latest live album, recently too, over a Tuesday and Friday

This is undoubtedly one of the longest - thanks for sticking with it!




.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2522
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hightea » 26 Jun 2020, 22:22

kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:so have we done a double album before this seems like the longest album we have done.




but as far as long sync listens in general go, we pulled a five album run one time, mwhahahahaaa

:o

Nite all
Homeward bound!!!! Weekend!!!!

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2522
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hightea » 26 Jun 2020, 22:22

C wrote:
Hightea wrote:so have we done a double album before this seems like the longest album we have done.


We did Soft Machine's Third a couple of weeks ago and Rory's latest live album, recently too, over a Tuesday and Friday

This is undoubtedly one of the longest - thanks for sticking with it!




.

oh yeah forgot we did third!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57285
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby C » 26 Jun 2020, 22:22

kath wrote:
but as far as long sync listens in general go, we pulled a five album run one time, mwhahahahaaa


That was a corker - Tangerine Dream







.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57285
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby C » 26 Jun 2020, 22:23

To Reap

To Loki

*chink*





x
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2522
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby Hightea » 26 Jun 2020, 22:23

Hugh wrote:
Hightea wrote:
Hugh wrote:
Just outside Edinburgh. The photo in my sig is Edinburgh Castle.

nice need to get there. Have you been to Isle of Skye? one of the nicest places I've ever been.


Alas, no. The furthest north I have been is Inverness.

bummer you need to get up there I went to the Orkney's too.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Gong: Now space whispering!

Postby kath » 26 Jun 2020, 22:25

this was fantastic. wunnerful. words are inadequate. methinks i will commune with the cosmic space dolphins and thank them.

along with all y'all, of course. and the entire band.

i've said it already... the world needs and will forever need gong.

have a great weekend, everybody.

to absent friends. and to reap, ever my hero.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::