PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival: Kept on Chooglin'

Do talk back
User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30554
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Jun 2020, 21:39

"Long as I Can See the Light" is yet another... wait for it... CLASSIC!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:39

John aka Josh wrote:Intense.


Okay - Fogerty is no Rory, Koss, Clapton, Beck or Santana but what he produces is just perfect





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Jun 2020, 21:40

putt a cannndle in the windowwww...

i love when john starts soundin alll... gospelly

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Jun 2020, 21:40

kath wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
LMG wrote:
There's a first time for everything, Matt...

:lol:


Hey, let's see YOU abuse your body (and mind) as long as I have and come up with coherent thoughts at 55!


ohhhh am i ever right there with this sentiment. although i'm 56


Now here's me way ahead of you guys... :(

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Jun 2020, 21:40

a perfect album closer, if ya ask me

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:41

I think this is the first time John blows his sax

Yes, I am sure it is





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28612
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Jun 2020, 21:41

Oh wow - work drama and mom drama at the same time (everyone's fine, just a little stressed). So I missed this (or at least just looked in now).

Gonna listen, but I'm starting at the beginning.
toomanyhatz wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Course Yahoo! News didn't tell you this.


Oh my god! Comedy gold!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/lancet-casts-dou ... 53194.html


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30554
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Jun 2020, 21:41

kath wrote:p.s. i am STILL so proud of myself that when i had it checked a few months ago pre-surgery, my liver was NORMAL. i asked my doc to check it again hee hee heeh.

one of the best gotdamn fades ever


I've found it best not to go to the doctor anymore. Asthma, diabetes, and I drink too much. He's never happy to see me.

:D

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:41

kath wrote:a perfect album closer, if ya ask me


Perfect

Absolutely delightful




.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
Hey, let's see YOU abuse your body (and mind) as long as I have and come up with coherent thoughts at 55!


ohhhh am i ever right there with this sentiment. although i'm 56


Now here's me way ahead of you guys... :(


mwhahahahahaaa.

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13643
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby fange » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

Long as I Can See The Light is so beautiful. That gospel soul feel is so powerul, his voice so plaintive, can make me tear up at certain times.

To life and love.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

'Grapevine' reminds me of 'Can You Hear Me Knocking' by the Stones from Sticky Fingers, recorded at precisely the same time.

Which makes this 'Moonlight Mile' !

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 8934
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

Matt Wilson wrote:"Long as I Can See the Light" is yet another... wait for it... CLASSIC!








'tis indeed (far too soon to use indubitably now).



And a great way to close the album. They really sequenced this album well.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

Matt Wilson wrote:
kath wrote:p.s. i am STILL so proud of myself that when i had it checked a few months ago pre-surgery, my liver was NORMAL. i asked my doc to check it again hee hee heeh.

one of the best gotdamn fades ever


I've found it best not to go to the doctor anymore. Asthma, diabetes, and I drink too much. He's never happy to see me.

:D


:D

Be thankful my dear friends

Be thankful





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30554
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Jun 2020, 21:43

Welp, dat be dat...

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:43

John aka Josh wrote:'tis indeed (far too soon to use indubitably now).



And a great way to close the album. They really sequenced this album well.


YES, YES AND YES!




.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 37511
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Jun 2020, 21:44

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh wow - work drama and mom drama at the same time (everyone's fine, just a little stressed). So I missed this (or at least just looked in now).

Gonna listen, but I'm starting at the beginning.


good man.

ya should start at the beginning. it is only right and true.

sorry about the stress. my sister is STILL downstairs losin it. identity theft over at amazon. she runnin thru the jungle, mwhahaha

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Jun 2020, 21:44

now THIS is how to close an album grumble grumble bands today no idea not in my day, no idea, cheating the punters etc etc

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13643
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby fange » 12 Jun 2020, 21:44

Thanks for the synchronised enjoyment peeps. Have a rockin weekend.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57288
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Friday 12th June @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 21:45

Thanks fange
Thanks Matt
Thanks kath
Thanks Chris
Thanks JJ

A great album in great company

Thank you

To absent friends

Reap and Loki

*chink*





x
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.