English guitars on the lawn ...

Do talk back
billy
A pound

English guitars on the lawn ...

Postby billy » 20 May 2020, 19:35

Since this place stemmed from the Mojo boards, does anyone remember a similarly titled small feature in an early-ish issue of Mojo?

"English guitars on the lawn ..."

or

"English guitars at dawn ...

It was a playlist really, before such things were wrapped up in such terms. I'd love to find it and see what was listed? Probably a load of crap as my memory is hot these days *glum emoticon*

Hope you are all keeping suitably happy and safe
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

billy
A pound

Re: English guitars on the lawn ...

Postby billy » 20 May 2020, 19:37

... memory is 'shot', not 'hot'
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 22 May 2020, 08:31

billy wrote:Since this place stemmed from the Mojo boards, does anyone remember a similarly titled small feature in an early-ish issue of Mojo?

"English guitars on the lawn ..."

or

"English guitars at dawn ...

It was a playlist really, before such things were wrapped up in such terms. I'd love to find it and see what was listed?

I don't remember that one! I assume it had some sort of theme. If so, what was it?
Maybe we could construct a new one...
Bugger off.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 01 Jun 2020, 16:09

I suppose the theme was 'delicate English sensibilities'. But not overly twee and contrived. Just anything quintessentially English, so Drake, Martyn, Fay, Ayres, etc.

Carlisle Wheeling

Postby Carlisle Wheeling » Yesterday, 20:19

Well, I bought Tea & Symphony - The English Baroque Sound (1968 - 1974) last week. Compiled by Bob Stanley. Very impressed and just the job on these hot sunny days.

Lovely sleeve and extensive notes.

Rain forecast for tomorrow though.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » Yesterday, 21:46

I like the sound of that.