Stephen Stills

Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: Stephen Stills

Postby C » 15 May 2020, 10:08

Sam Stone wrote:While it's hard to feel any pity for Crosby's dire financial straits - he basically pissed away the megabucks he's made these last 50-odd years on drugs - you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel for him about his son.

Agreed - what were the circumstances of him falling out with his old mucker Nash?

I recall someone saying there was a Graham interview somewhere on the topic

Thanks

x
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 May 2020, 10:14

Carlsson wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:While it's hard to feel any pity for Crosby's dire financial straits - he basically pissed away the megabucks he's made these last 50-odd years on drugs - you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel for him about his son.

Agreed - what were the circumstances of him falling out with his old mucker Nash?

I recall someone saying there was a Graham interview somewhere on the topic

Thanks

x

He apparently made some less than flattering remarks about Daryl Hannah following her hooking up with NY

Think the interview was in Rolling Stone - will check and get back to you. Pretty sure GN gave him both barrels in his autobiog, Wild Tales, a few years back

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 May 2020, 10:20

There you go, C

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... by-166813/

Am sure CSN will be up for giving it one last lucrative shot at a reunion when the coffers are looking a but low. Ultimately, none of them individually has the pulling power they do as a trio.

Having seen NY six times, CSNY once (Wembley 74), C&N once (Hammersmith, 76), only one I've not seen outside CSN/CSNY is Stills. Always thought I might run into him when I lived in Vietnam about 20 years ago what with him formerly having been a grunt when CSN&Y weren't on the road or in the studio

C
Robust

Postby C » 15 May 2020, 10:49

Sam Stone wrote:There you go, C

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... by-166813/

Am sure CSN will be up for giving it one last lucrative shot at a reunion when the coffers are looking a but low. Ultimately, none of them individually has the pulling power they do as a trio.

Having seen NY six times, CSNY once (Wembley 74), C&N once (Hammersmith, 76), only one I've not seen outside CSN/CSNY is Stills. Always thought I might run into him when I lived in Vietnam about 20 years ago what with him formerly having been a grunt when CSN&Y weren't on the road or in the studio

Thanks and that's excellent!

robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood