Stephen Stills

Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: Stephen Stills

Postby C » 15 May 2020, 10:08

Sam Stone wrote:While it's hard to feel any pity for Crosby's dire financial straits - he basically pissed away the megabucks he's made these last 50-odd years on drugs - you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel for him about his son.

Agreed - what were the circumstances of him falling out with his old mucker Nash?

I recall someone saying there was a Graham interview somewhere on the topic

Thanks

x
kath wrote:[in my dream] i said, "reap, there is no way we can clear all this shit out in time. our landlord's gonna sue us!"

reap gives me this wicked grin and replies, "not if we play zep."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 May 2020, 10:14

Carlsson wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:While it's hard to feel any pity for Crosby's dire financial straits - he basically pissed away the megabucks he's made these last 50-odd years on drugs - you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel for him about his son.

Agreed - what were the circumstances of him falling out with his old mucker Nash?

I recall someone saying there was a Graham interview somewhere on the topic

Thanks

x

He apparently made some less than flattering remarks about Daryl Hannah following her hooking up with NY

Think the interview was in Rolling Stone - will check and get back to you. Pretty sure GN gave him both barrels in his autobiog, Wild Tales, a few years back

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 15 May 2020, 10:20

There you go, C

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... by-166813/

Am sure CSN will be up for giving it one last lucrative shot at a reunion when the coffers are looking a but low. Ultimately, none of them individually has the pulling power they do as a trio.

Having seen NY six times, CSNY once (Wembley 74), C&N once (Hammersmith, 76), only one I've not seen outside CSN/CSNY is Stills. Always thought I might run into him when I lived in Vietnam about 20 years ago what with him formerly having been a grunt when CSN&Y weren't on the road or in the studio

C
Robust

Postby C » 15 May 2020, 10:49

Sam Stone wrote:There you go, C

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... by-166813/

Am sure CSN will be up for giving it one last lucrative shot at a reunion when the coffers are looking a but low. Ultimately, none of them individually has the pulling power they do as a trio.

Having seen NY six times, CSNY once (Wembley 74), C&N once (Hammersmith, 76), only one I've not seen outside CSN/CSNY is Stills. Always thought I might run into him when I lived in Vietnam about 20 years ago what with him formerly having been a grunt when CSN&Y weren't on the road or in the studio

Thanks and that's excellent!

kath wrote:[in my dream] i said, "reap, there is no way we can clear all this shit out in time. our landlord's gonna sue us!"

reap gives me this wicked grin and replies, "not if we play zep."