Will the Corona virus stop you from going to gigs?

Do talk back
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: Will the Corona virus stop you from going to gigs?

Postby Still Baron » 12 Mar 2020, 15:48

Up until yesterday I would’ve said no, but it looks like all the stuff we were planning on doing during SXSW has been cancelled (multiple shows by Waco Bros. & Dream Syndicate). None of this was initially affected by the official SXSW cancellation—there’s a whole constellation of parties and shows that operate outside the official SXSW ecosystem. Guess we’ll party in the backyard instead.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

“The Man”

Postby “The Man” » 12 Mar 2020, 17:02

bobzilla77 wrote:Surely the Who will refund you if they cancel the gig.

Cruise to the Edge is going to be a total loss... Hopefully just postponed till later.

I'd decided not to go a couple of days back. Having got wind I wasn't coming, they rescheduled
the whole tour for a later date.

Fingers crossed they're still around to play the show and I'm still here to watch it!

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 12 Mar 2020, 18:44

looks like I didn't have to decide anyway - next three shows all have been canceled. So next show in theory is May 5.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Mar 2020, 19:44

bobzilla77 wrote:Cruise to the Edge is going to be a total loss... Hopefully just postponed till later.

The cruise-line NCL would have reimbursed travellers for cancelling their cruise, however, since CTTE charters the ship, those terms are not valid. Over the weekend the decision will be made about either cancelling or postponing the event.
I guess it would ruin them financially if they were to refund all passengers and it is stated that only partial refunds will be issued if the cruise got cancelled; it would trigger a lot of anger as well because a lot of people would vow never to book again and since a large percentage of this venture are returning fans, it's definitely a rock and a hard place-territory for the organisers.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Mar 2020, 02:40

If the gig is on I will go. Kraftwerk in May, Taylor Swift in June.

“The Man”

Postby “The Man” » 21 Mar 2020, 10:13

Notice the Who have now rescheduled for March 2021. Be interesting to see whether there will be any gigs of any kind come Spring next year.

While would imagine younger music fans will be a lot less fearful of mingling in big crowds, can the same be said of older BCBers?

Much as I love seeing bands in small sweaty clubs, not sure I'd like to do it a few months after a pandemic (assuming, of course, I don't succumb to the pandemic first