Rolling Stones ~ 2020 No Filter Tour

Do talk back
Flower

Re: Rolling Stones ~ 2020 No Filter Tour

Postby Flower » 12 Feb 2020, 18:28

Lord Rother wrote:
They enjoy doing it.

Gotta have a reason to get up in the morning.

Active mind and body extends your life, better than just going for walks or working out in their gyms in old age.

And the money makes it more fun even though they can never spend it.

Valid point. I feel that smaller venues and less expensive ticket prices would be the way to go. I guess that we'll have to reserve judgement until after the first few concerts are played.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 23 Apr 2020, 04:30

Matt Wilson wrote:
Hepcat wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
They enjoy doing it.

Gotta have a reason to get up in the morning.

Active mind and body extends your life, better than just going for walks or working out in their gyms in old age.

And the money makes it more fun even though they can never spend it.

Precisely! Why should the Stones quit just to please those people who think that they the Stones should retire gracefully to their rocking chairs? The people who think that they should retire aren't the paying customers buying the tickets to their concerts, now are they? And the paying customers are the only ones the Stones need to please.

:geek:

Interesting this business about retiring gracefully. I wonder how many of the commentators who opine that the Stones should retire gracefully would react favourably to the suggestion by some outsider that they themselves should retire gracefully? I can tell you for a fact that I would react very harshly.

:x

No need to be so triggered. You're the one reading age into this. I never said anything about retiring gracefully or rocking chairs or whatever you think is making you so upset. I was referring to the money. If I had that much, I wouldn't be spending months of my life touring the same show which they had last time they came around. This would apply if the Stones were still in their 50s.

I understand they do it because they enjoy it. I'm simply stating I wouldn't do it.

I swear, sometimes I think people log online simply looking for things to trigger them.

I'm not triggered. I'm not annoyed. That's just the way I typically respond.

I guess that's what people mean though when the say I come on too strong. C'est la vie.

"That government governs best that governs least."

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 23 Apr 2020, 20:36

Touring in isolation

Give a shit or be a shit.

Return to “Yakety Yak”