Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog: Preludin rules!!

Do talk back
User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog: Preludin rules!!

Postby Carlsson » 01 Feb 2020, 15:38

.








Image








.
Last edited by Carlsson on 07 Feb 2020, 21:40, edited 2 times in total.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 8158
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 01 Feb 2020, 20:39

WOOF!
Image

User avatar
Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies
Posts: 10225
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:36
Location: In the deepest ocean, bottom of the sea

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Neil Jung » 02 Feb 2020, 21:44

I only have 5 copies of this.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21191
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 03 Feb 2020, 00:20

Didn't we do this a few years back?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2142
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Rorschach » 03 Feb 2020, 13:19

You know what, presuming it's on Spotify, I'm going to give it a try.
I have no idea why but I've always been curious abut them. I'm sure I'll hate it, but you never know.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 03 Feb 2020, 14:43

Rorschach wrote:I'm sure I'll hate it


You will but it would be great to have you along Tym!

[Yes, it's on Spotify]

Be there or be square!






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21191
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 03 Feb 2020, 14:53

Answer the question Dad.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 03 Feb 2020, 15:04

St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:Answer the question Dad.


:lol:


No - you already know the answer lad.

We've done Pronounced Leh'Nerd Skin'nerd before too....






x
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 04 Feb 2020, 10:25

St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:Didn't we do this a few years back?


Hopefully you'll join us lad.

Again...





x
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
St Jeemo the Humourless
Posts: 21191
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 04 Feb 2020, 16:27

C wrote:
St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:Didn't we do this a few years back?


Hopefully you'll join us lad.

Again...





x



you never know.....

I'll see what I can do.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 04 Feb 2020, 18:43

St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:you never know.....

I'll see what I can do.



Good lad

Yes, good lad



.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2142
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Rorschach » 05 Feb 2020, 13:26

I listened to this yesterday.

I'm not sure I can do it again. That singing is so ....... relentless.

I'll try...

I have to admit that they're very tight and he has quite a range. But it was quite different from what I was expecting; not very prog and pretty much 70s American radio rock. Not what I'd've expected Neil Jung to be a big fan of.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies
Posts: 10225
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:36
Location: In the deepest ocean, bottom of the sea

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Neil Jung » 05 Feb 2020, 22:32

Rorschach wrote:I listened to this yesterday.

I'm not sure I can do it again. That singing is so ....... relentless.

I'll try...

I have to admit that they're very tight and he has quite a range. But it was quite different from what I was expecting; not very prog and pretty much 70s American radio rock. Not what I'd've expected Neil Jung to be a big fan of.


A friend sent me a cassette of this album at a time when I was at university suffering from unrequited love, so Julia hit the spot as did the rest of this astonishing record. Some of it is fairly progressive (end of side 2) but if you examine most prog rock much of it isn’t tricky time signatures or songs about Lord Of The Rings etc. It doesn’t sound much like anyone else to my mind. I’ll try to remember to join in on Friday evening.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2142
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Rorschach » 06 Feb 2020, 10:41

Neil Jung wrote:
A friend sent me a cassette of this album at a time when I was at university suffering from unrequited love, so Julia hit the spot as did the rest of this astonishing record. Some of it is fairly progressive (end of side 2) but if you examine most prog rock much of it isn’t tricky time signatures or songs about Lord Of The Rings etc. It doesn’t sound much like anyone else to my mind. I’ll try to remember to join in on Friday evening.


I did actually notice the descent into prog on the last couple of tracks. The title, Of Once and Future Kings, is a bit of a pointer.
And I just noticed the title of the penultimate track! Hmm.

I think most of us gave up defining prog, beyond: 'I know it when I hear it', back in the Mojo days, but this still doesn't fit with my conception of prog at all. Except for the last two tracks.

One man's opinion...
Bugger off.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 07 Feb 2020, 10:39

Today!


.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2142
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Rorschach » 07 Feb 2020, 20:12

Bollocks. I can't do it. I forgot about the time difference. I'm free now but at 10 local time I have to get my son a kebab and then eat with him.
I'll try to drop in. I'm intrigued as to how these things work.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies
Posts: 10225
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:36
Location: In the deepest ocean, bottom of the sea

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Neil Jung » 07 Feb 2020, 20:59

I’m here, surprisingly. Luckily the family put something dull on the tv (Great Pottery Throwdown) and I actually remembered to do this sync listen.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 8158
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 07 Feb 2020, 21:00

Good afternoon/evening!


I raise my glass to wish you good health & happiness, and to toast absent friends.



*chink*
Image

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 07 Feb 2020, 21:01

Evening/afternoon all

To absent friends

*chink*

What a voice: Surkamp

JULIA!!!





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54933
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Pavlov's Dog, Friday 7th February @ 9pm (UK)

Postby Carlsson » 07 Feb 2020, 21:02

John aka Josh wrote:I raise my glass to wish you good health & happiness, and to toast absent friends.



*chink*


Not 'arf JJ

Not 'arf

Full of music from start to finish






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.