75%
Shit
25%

Total votes: 4

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Hit Or Shit J&MC Version

Postby Still Baron » 25 Jan 2020, 23:47

This was a single from 1992's Honey's Dead. Both are very . . . 1992.
I could go either way, really.

Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

never/ever

Re: Hit Or Shit J&MC Version

Postby never/ever » 26 Jan 2020, 06:16

There were quite a few of these plasticised sounding noise-singles around...Ultra Vivid Scene, Spacemen, Jesus Jones.... I was underwhelmed by Honey's Dead at the time of release but now I tolerate it a whole lot more.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 26 Jan 2020, 07:25

Its bobbins, of course, but I like it. We saw them on that tour and I can remember it being one of the loudest gigs I had been to at that point, including MBV.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 27 Jan 2020, 10:38

Jumper K wrote:Its bobbins, of course, but I like it. We saw them on that tour and I can remember it being one of the loudest gigs I had been to at that point, including MBV.

I saw them with MBV at that time (their Rollercoaster package tour thing, also including Dinosaur Jr and Blur).

It was certainly fucking load. I remember Japanese girls (there seemed to be a lot of them about in those days at those sorts of events) running for the exits ears covered. Although that might have been for MBV's infamous Apocalypse interlude rather than the J&MC.

being a bit of a gear nerd I was very impressed by WIlliam Reed's variable tremolo pedal - it really cut through.

Blur were shit of course.

I haven't heard this tune in a long time and I reckon it's great. You can hear a definte MBV influence there with hindsight.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 02 Feb 2020, 21:23

Perfectly acceptable background noise for edgy dance clubs in 1992, I suppose.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 03 Feb 2020, 08:25

I always think of them as a lightweight Suicide.

Having said that, I really like them. I can't listen to a whole album but, one song at a time, I find them quite exciting and poppy.

Mind you, it could have been almost any other of there songs and I think I'd have had the same reaction.
Bugger off.