50 Albums You Can Live Without

Do talk back
trans-chigley express

Re: 50 Albums You Can Live Without

Postby trans-chigley express » 26 Dec 2019, 00:01

pcqgod wrote:Earlier this year I loaded up my car with 40 crates of my carefully selected favorite compact discs for my big move to Ohio, and left most of my collection in storage in Texas. Before long I realized that I couldn't live without this preposterous but incredibly catchy collection of songs about battle, glory, and Satan, and so ordered a copy from Amazon while I waited for the right time to U-Haul the rest of my collection up here.

This should be in the "50 Albums You Can't Live Without" thread. It's certainly an Interesting choice :) .

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Dec 2019, 05:45

trans-chigley express wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Earlier this year I loaded up my car with 40 crates of my carefully selected favorite compact discs for my big move to Ohio, and left most of my collection in storage in Texas. Before long I realized that I couldn't live without this preposterous but incredibly catchy collection of songs about battle, glory, and Satan, and so ordered a copy from Amazon while I waited for the right time to U-Haul the rest of my collection up here.

This should be in the "50 Albums You Can't Live Without" thread. It's certainly an Interesting choice :) .

Yeah, I misread the thread title. But this fact situation has proved eye-opening in terms of what I can and can't live without. I couldn't live without 'Fans' by Malcolm McLaren, but I could happily live without any albums by Johnny Cash, for instance. I had to have Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits, but didn't need 'Kind of Blue.'
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 27 Dec 2019, 11:51

pcqgod wrote:Image

To quote Uriah Heep: 'Life without you is no life at all'.
"They love hating the music they hate nearly as much as they love loving the music they love"

- Andrew Mueller It's Too Late To Die Young Now

Return to “Yakety Yak”