Van Morrison anecdotes from last week's Guardian

Do talk back
Powehi

Van Morrison anecdotes from last week's Guardian

Postby Powehi » 09 Nov 2019, 09:14

Or maybe that should be "Vanecdotes"...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... s-like-one

Typically terrible interview with VTM from last week's Guardian in which, loaded down with unrealistic expectations, Laura Barton set out to get the Belfast Cowboy break the habit of a lifetime and explain his artistry (Like the man says, "it ain't why, it just is"). While she failed abjectly, her interview did produce some extremely amusing Vanecdotes in the 12 pages of reader comments that ensued.

My favourite is the one about the corpulent crooner almost getting knocked down by a TfL bus driver. What's yours? Please feel free to add anything not in the existing story.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Van Morrison anecdotes from last week's Guardian

Postby Lord Rother » 09 Nov 2019, 11:47

I have no stories, I just wonder what made him such an insufferable unpleasant tosser.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 09 Nov 2019, 12:23

I saw him a couple of weeks ago for £3.50 from a ticket reduction site we belong to. The band were amazing, but unfortunately way too jazz for my tastes. Van was on very good form musically and vocally, with virtually no audience interaction, which was to be expected. He was on stage for an hour and a half and then the band played solos for the last fifteen minutes. I'm glad I saw him and at that price it was very good value. Wouldn't go again, though.

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 09 Nov 2019, 16:26

I saw him in Edinburgh 15 or so years ago. He was a right moody bastard, no interaction with the audience. Actually that's a lie. He read out a dedication to a couple in the audience celebrating their wedding anniversary and was on top form, all night
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.