syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Do talk back
User avatar
HEN
Posts: 438
Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 20:22

syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby HEN » 26 Oct 2019, 18:29

as i said to dickie the dustman: 'take the rubbish out, you loser'.

GoogaMooga wrote:Alright everybody, the latest thrift shop discovery is, in one word, WOW...!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47200
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby Quaco » 26 Oct 2019, 18:33

Strangely, I had the urge to put on Dark Side of the Moon the other day. It was good.

92% of the time, it would be Syd's stuff or just after he left (1968-1970)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
HEN
Posts: 438
Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 20:22

Re: syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby HEN » 26 Oct 2019, 18:38

Quaco wrote:Strangely, I had the urge to put on Dark Side of the Moon the other day. It was good.


how very 'rad'. stephen and his ilk will be licking their pre-cum.
GoogaMooga wrote:Alright everybody, the latest thrift shop discovery is, in one word, WOW...!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47200
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby Quaco » 26 Oct 2019, 19:00

HEN wrote:
Quaco wrote:Strangely, I had the urge to put on Dark Side of the Moon the other day. It was good.

how very 'rad'. stephen and his ilk will be licking their pre-cum.

Forgot to mention, I was watching Wizard of Oz too!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
HEN
Posts: 438
Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 20:22

Re: syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby HEN » 26 Oct 2019, 19:06

Quaco wrote:
HEN wrote:
Quaco wrote:Strangely, I had the urge to put on Dark Side of the Moon the other day. It was good.

how very 'rad'. stephen and his ilk will be licking their pre-cum.

Forgot to mention, I was watching Wizard of Oz too!


:D
GoogaMooga wrote:Alright everybody, the latest thrift shop discovery is, in one word, WOW...!

Powehi
Posts: 1140
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: syd barrett vs dark side of the moon

Postby Powehi » 27 Oct 2019, 09:48

HEN wrote:as i said to dickie the dustman: 'take the rubbish out, you loser'.



They have dustmen in Spain called Dickie? Who knew!

Since you asked a sensible question for once, will try and give you a sensible answer.

Got back into Floyd following the V&A thing a couple of years back. Subsequently saw RW on the Us and Them tour - great, but like so many "on stage spectacles" of the last few years, almost totally lacking in spontaneity. Off to see NM's Saucerful of Secrets next Spring. Hopefully the much smaller venue will leave a bit more room for surprises. While haven't bought the rag in years, Ucunt has a big piece of Floyd post-Roger Floyd in the current issue.