Another one turns 50- The Band

Do talk back
never/ever

Another one turns 50- The Band

Postby never/ever » 27 Sep 2019, 23:18

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... nniversary

Can't really subscribe to the glorifying of it all going on but it deserves favor.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

modharper
Just a hunk a hunk of burnin' love

Re: Another one turns 50- The Band

Postby modharper » 01 Oct 2019, 15:06

Damn right it does.

I've been immersed in all things Band for the last 4 months, putting together a massive editorial feature that tells the story of their masterpiece second album through the voices that were there. I spoke with Robbie Robertson and Garth Hudson from The Band, plus producer John Simon, road manager Jonathan Taplin, photographer Elliott Landy, plus celebrity fans Roger Daltrey and Ringo Starr. The intention was for it to go live last week on the anniversary, but the label has asked me to hold off until November to fit in with the reissue promo - which I'm happy to do, as I may keep adding to its already bulging word count (currently approx 12,000!).

I'll post a link here in November if anyone is interested, and if I remember...
THIS WAY FOR A COWBOY'S BREAKFAST

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: Another one turns 50- The Band

Postby soundchaser » 08 Oct 2019, 17:49

modharper wrote:Damn right it does.

I've been immersed in all things Band for the last 4 months, putting together a massive editorial feature that tells the story of their masterpiece second album through the voices that were there. I spoke with Robbie Robertson and Garth Hudson from The Band, plus producer John Simon, road manager Jonathan Taplin, photographer Elliott Landy, plus celebrity fans Roger Daltrey and Ringo Starr. The intention was for it to go live last week on the anniversary, but the label has asked me to hold off until November to fit in with the reissue promo - which I'm happy to do, as I may keep adding to its already bulging word count (currently approx 12,000!).

I'll post a link here in November if anyone is interested, and if I remember...

Yeah sure, please post a link, sounds like a fascinating read.

My late brother-in-law got me into The Band album in the early ‘70s and I’ve loved it ever since.

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down is my favourite track. A great version on Before The Flood as well.