WHO

Do talk back
Tom Waits For No One

WHO

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 14 Sep 2019, 20:34

Their first album of new material in thirteen years due this November.

Daltrey says “I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973, Pete hasn’t lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter, and he’s still got that cutting edge"

Townshend says “This album is almost all new songs written last year, with just two exceptions. There is no theme, no concept, no story, just a set of songs that I (and my brother Simon) wrote to give Roger Daltrey some inspiration, challenges and scope for his newly revived singing voice. Roger and I are both old men now, by any measure, so I’ve tried to stay away from romance, but also from nostalgia if I can. I didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Memories are OK, and some of the songs refer to the explosive state of things today. "

However the cover art and the video for the taster track Ball And Chain seem to contradict a lot of what he says.

It can't be any worse than Endless Wire can it?
Give a shit or be a shit.

C
Robust

Re: WHO

Postby C » 14 Sep 2019, 21:27

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Daltrey says [i]“I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973

That's not saying much - is it?

I won't hold my breath though

Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 14 Sep 2019, 23:06

For fuck's sake!

There is a guy who busks outside Hoxton tube station, and whenever he is there belting out the crappiest songs ever sung by a human being, I wonder if there is any way I can walk back and go another way home from work rather than endure another moment of his horrible talentless dirges.

This latest Who song sounds like one of his outtakes.
And now for an update on today's Shitty Brexit News...

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 15 Sep 2019, 09:44

C wrote:Daltrey says [i]“I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973

Dunno about Quadrophenia, but* it's far and away the best album they've done since Endless Wire

*Compilations and bells and whistles deluxe reissues aside

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 15 Sep 2019, 09:50

LMG wrote:
There is a guy who busks outside Hoxton tube station...belting out the crappiest songs ever sung by a human being.

What with the plagiarism suits and moans about his failed "crackdown" on ticket touts, I knew Ed Sheeran was having a bit of a tough time lately, but I never realised things had gotten quite that bad.

MALLETT

Postby MALLETT » 15 Sep 2019, 10:28

:?
ooh yeah ooh oh

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 21 Sep 2019, 08:23

Jesus fucking Christ
The Complete Elton John Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 21 Sep 2019, 16:12

Bird on a Wire was 13 YEARS AGO?!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.