Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band - As Above So Below

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:14

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:A northern Indian friend has come around and just brought in some absolutely stunning homemade onion bhaji

yum yum





.




O Lucky Man!


'he was, he was'





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:14

I say northern Indian because I am used to Sri Lankan food which is more 'south Indian'.

The further south you go the hotter the curries are!




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:15

C wrote:I love this track!

Dave Flett is a very good guitarist - I sometimes forget he was with Thin Lizzy






.




Not really a Lizzy aficionado - didn't know that.


Barbara Thompson adding a new sound to the mix, bubbling away. Gorgeous.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:16

That's the wonderful Barbara Thompson on saxophone - I know that

[Not sure about Mike Heron on back vox though!]




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:17

Babs- SNAP

The wife of the great Jon Hiseman

What a fucquing phenomenon he was?





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:17

Waiter - THIS ROCKS!!





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:18

Go Manfred - GO!!





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:19

Part of this song could be taken from a Strawbs album (I've been playing the classic run again this week).
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:20

I must have seen them live half a dozen times between 1973 and 1977

Nightingales & Bombers is a corker too

[That and Solar Fire are my fave three]

You JJ?




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:20

C wrote:Go Manfred - GO!!





.






Indeed!!

Again, more cowbell needed!!
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:21

John aka Josh wrote:Part of this song could be taken from a Strawbs album (I've been playing the classic run again this week).


Nice - Witchwood to Ghosts....?





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:22

40+ years ago I used to really freak out to this track

Idiot dancing I think we called it!




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:23

The Chanter Sisters on backing vocals - they did a lot of that stuff but had soem of their own material that received a modicum of success





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:24

Solar Fire first - a very early purchase, when my collection must have been below 30 albums & bought partly to celebrate my new speakers - made a change from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Mayall & the Beatles.


Level pegging with Nightingales and this, plus a very honourable mention for Watch.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:25

Nice guitar

I find this a joyful album

Full of music

Full of fun





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:26

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Part of this song could be taken from a Strawbs album (I've been playing the classic run again this week).


Nice - Witchwood to Ghosts....?





.




Just a Collection to Hero & Heroine.
Image

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:28

C wrote:Nice guitar

I find this a joyful album

Full of music

Full of fun





.




Yes - joyful is an apt adjective, full of music, variety and fun.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:28

John aka Josh wrote:Solar Fire first - a very early purchase, when my collection must have been below 30 albums & bought partly to celebrate my new speakers - made a change from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Mayall & the Beatles.


Level pegging with Nightingales and this, plus a very honourable mention for Watch.


Yes JJ - Solar Fire might be my favourite too.

I need to go back to Watch - I struggled with it a bit....







.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7667
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, NOW ROCKING!

Postby John aka Josh » 09 Aug 2019, 21:30

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Solar Fire first - a very early purchase, when my collection must have been below 30 albums & bought partly to celebrate my new speakers - made a change from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Mayall & the Beatles.


Level pegging with Nightingales and this, plus a very honourable mention for Watch.


Yes JJ - Solar Fire might be my favourite too.

I need to go back to Watch - I struggled with it a bit....







.




And I need to try Dragonfly & Ghosts again.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53472
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: MM's Earth Band, Friday 9th August @ 9am (UK)

Postby C » 09 Aug 2019, 21:31

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Part of this song could be taken from a Strawbs album (I've been playing the classic run again this week).


Nice - Witchwood to Ghosts....?





.




Just a Collection to Hero & Heroine.


Yes - how silly of me to omit Antiques & Curios - that's probably my fave

[well it usually has been for the last 50 years!]

My mate John Winter bought it the day it came out and didn't like it so sold it to me (he did that a lot)

Sadly Johnny died of throat cancer in his early 40s at a time when I wasn't in contact with my old school mates [now I am]

A big regret I wasn't there....






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.