Prog Synch Listen: Yes, Perpetual Love

Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Yes, Now ooooofing!

Postby C » 26 Jul 2019, 21:43

C wrote:I have always preferred The Yes Album to Close to the Edge (the only Yes album that comes close)

Andy Griff would disagree but what the fucque does he know!

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

soundchaser wrote:R.I.P. brother Reap. You can always sync listen from heaven. C has the contacts, I’m sure.

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Jul 2019, 21:44

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:The bouncy ending is just incredible

As with Yes at their best, the structure of their compositions is fantastic.

*thumbs up*

soundchaser wrote:R.I.P. brother Reap. You can always sync listen from heaven. C has the contacts, I’m sure.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 26 Jul 2019, 21:45

C wrote:I have always preferred The Yes Album to Close to the Edge (the only Yes album that comes close)

Me too.

I used to have a soft spot for Fragile but it's slipped a long way below those two - sounds rather too sterile in comparison.

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Jul 2019, 21:47

John aka Josh wrote:

Me too.

I used to have a soft spot for Fragile but it's slipped a long way below those two - sounds rather too sterile in comparison.

Agreed re: Fragile.

It has it's moments - but not as many as the two aforementioned

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Jul 2019, 21:47

A great album in great company (including absent friends)

Thank you

xxx

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 26 Jul 2019, 21:48

Thanks once more for the company & choice (impeccable as always).

Have a great weekend, and lets raise glasses once more to dear absent friends.

C
Robust

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Yes, Perpetual Love

Postby C » 26 Jul 2019, 21:50

CHEERS!

x

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 01 Aug 2019, 21:20

C wrote:Image

CHEERS!

x

Hello old friend :). I love The Yes Album with all my heart and have done since first hearing it in 1971. Has there ever been a better opening track than Yours Is No Disgrace? Quite a few equals, maybe. But better? I think not. An absolutely thrilling song. The soon to depart Tony Kaye truly excels, as he does throughout the album. But then again, new boy Steve Howe was no slouch either. What treasures TYA holds. Starship Trooper, I’ve Seen All Good People, Perpetual Change...were they taking the piss? And then you have Howe’s signature piece, The Clap: perfect. Even perhaps the albums least well known song, A Venture, is itself, a sparkling diamond.

Difficult to choose a favourite song and indeed, i can’t. I adore I’ve Seen All Good People and Perpetual Change is such a clever, intricate song: how they worked out the middle section is just bonkers...what concentration that must have needed. But, of course, Yours Is No Disgrace and Starship Trooper steal the show. Was Steve Howe ever better than that concluding few minutes of ST? He was literally on fire! Close To The Edge is probably the most perfect Yes Album, but all things considered, The Yes Album is my favourite. What great fun I’ve had listening to Yes music over the years.

C
Robust

Postby C » 02 Aug 2019, 11:21

soundchaser wrote:
C wrote:Image

CHEERS!

x

Hello old friend :). I love The Yes Album with all my heart and have done since first hearing it in 1971. Has there ever been a better opening track than Yours Is No Disgrace? Quite a few equals, maybe. But better? I think not. An absolutely thrilling song. The soon to depart Tony Kaye truly excels, as he does throughout the album. But then again, new boy Steve Howe was no slouch either. What treasures TYA holds. Starship Trooper, I’ve Seen All Good People, Perpetual Change...were they taking the piss? And then you have Howe’s signature piece, The Clap: perfect. Even perhaps the albums least well known song, A Venture, is itself, a sparkling diamond.

Difficult to choose a favourite song and indeed, i can’t. I adore I’ve Seen All Good People and Perpetual Change is such a clever, intricate song: how they worked out the middle section is just bonkers...what concentration that must have needed. But, of course, Yours Is No Disgrace and Starship Trooper steal the show. Was Steve Howe ever better than that concluding few minutes of ST? He was literally on fire! Close To The Edge is probably the most perfect Yes Album, but all things considered, The Yes Album is my favourite. What great fun I’ve had listening to Yes music over the years.

Spot on my esteemed and learned friend

Spot on