Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60795
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby C » 18 Oct 2019, 19:04

Quaco wrote:The only problem with being SW and getting a chance to remix and remaster great albums like Stand Up and Aqualung is that eventually you'll have to do Stormwatch.

:mrgreen:


That's a bit hard Jim-lad. there are many very robust tracks on the said platter

Here's a couple:









.
toomanyhatz wrote:
scrote wrote:honestly, you need to read back some of your posts. it's always about YOU!

Sorry. I'll try to make them more about you.

User avatar
Mike Boom
Posts: 3434
Joined: 02 Sep 2005, 03:49

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Mike Boom » 22 Oct 2019, 13:03

Am only through Disc 2 "Associated Recordings" so far and wow, there is some great stuff here. The full 9 min plus version of Orion, which has always been a favorite off the album, is absolutely astounding. Talk about epic! Its hard to believe that some of these tracks have never been released before Urban Apocalypse , Man of God, A Single Man are all great and could have easily gone on the album had they fitted the overall theme. And a cracking live version of Sweet Dream to boot!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60795
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby C » 22 Oct 2019, 14:55

Mike Boom wrote:Am only through Disc 2 "Associated Recordings" so far and wow, there is some great stuff here. The full 9 min plus version of Orion, which has always been a favorite off the album, is absolutely astounding. Talk about epic! Its hard to believe that some of these tracks have never been released before Urban Apocalypse , Man of God, A Single Man are all great and could have easily gone on the album had they fitted the overall theme. And a cracking live version of Sweet Dream to boot!


Sounds great - thanks for the feedback






.
toomanyhatz wrote:
scrote wrote:honestly, you need to read back some of your posts. it's always about YOU!

Sorry. I'll try to make them more about you.

User avatar
Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope
Posts: 16267
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 16:36
Location: ,Location, Location

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Corporate whore » 22 Oct 2019, 14:57

Is this in the shops now? I heard that the release had been delayed,
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 60795
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby C » 22 Oct 2019, 14:59

Corporate whore wrote:Is this in the shops now? I heard that the release had been delayed,


15th November in UK



.
toomanyhatz wrote:
scrote wrote:honestly, you need to read back some of your posts. it's always about YOU!

Sorry. I'll try to make them more about you.

User avatar
Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope
Posts: 16267
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 16:36
Location: ,Location, Location

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Corporate whore » 22 Oct 2019, 15:04

Cheers - it was meant to be last Friday.
Image

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 42231
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Oct 2019, 19:23

If you can't wait...

(I haven't listened to it yet)
Image

User avatar
Pool Hall Richard
Posts: 3842
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 14:54

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 22 Oct 2019, 19:49

Charlie O. wrote:If you can't wait...

(I haven't listened to it yet)


Not quite sure how you obtain from that site. Do you need to sign up/be a member? Looks like it might already have been removed.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 42231
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Oct 2019, 20:05

Pool Hall Richard wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:If you can't wait...

(I haven't listened to it yet)

Not quite sure how you obtain from that site. Do you need to sign up/be a member? Looks like it might already have been removed.

No, just click on "FLAC" or "320" (mp3s) under the album cover, and that will open a Filecrypt page of download links. (Note: when you first click anywhere on the Filecrypt page, it will open a new Filecrypt tab and the first one will turn into an annoying but harmless ad.)
Image

User avatar
Pool Hall Richard
Posts: 3842
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 14:54

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 22 Oct 2019, 21:33

Charlie O. wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:If you can't wait...

(I haven't listened to it yet)

Not quite sure how you obtain from that site. Do you need to sign up/be a member? Looks like it might already have been removed.

No, just click on "FLAC" or "320" (mp3s) under the album cover, and that will open a Filecrypt page of download links. (Note: when you first click anywhere on the Filecrypt page, it will open a new Filecrypt tab and the first one will turn into an annoying but harmless ad.)


Superb Sir, many thanks 8-)

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30759
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Oct 2019, 14:22

Charlie is the man, isn't he?

Mine came last night. I'll play it after work today.
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

User avatar
Mike Boom
Posts: 3434
Joined: 02 Sep 2005, 03:49

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Mike Boom » 23 Oct 2019, 14:43

The early 12 min version of Dark Ages is way better than the album version too.
I can only assume it being 1978/79 that it was just a sign of the times that they edited these songs down, they make much more sense in all their full length glory. They should have kept them intact and left off a couple of the lesser songs.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10289
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 24 Oct 2019, 07:07

Quaco wrote:The only problem with being SW and getting a chance to remix and remaster great albums like Stand Up and Aqualung is that eventually you'll have to do Stormwatch.

:mrgreen:


Funny, but as you know,
he only remixes albums he really likes!
As an ex. he only remixed the first two ELP
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47252
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby Quaco » 24 Oct 2019, 15:32

ConnyOlivetti wrote:
Quaco wrote:The only problem with being SW and getting a chance to remix and remaster great albums like Stand Up and Aqualung is that eventually you'll have to do Stormwatch.

:mrgreen:


Funny, but as you know,
he only remixes albums he really likes!
As an ex. he only remixed the first two ELP

That is interesting - I didn't know that!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18561
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby trans-chigley express » 25 Oct 2019, 05:17

Stormwatch is not an album I've warmed to. Dun Ringill is the only track I can recall off the top of my head, although that track is pretty good.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10289
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 25 Oct 2019, 10:00

Quaco wrote:
ConnyOlivetti wrote:
Quaco wrote:The only problem with being SW and getting a chance to remix and remaster great albums like Stand Up and Aqualung is that eventually you'll have to do Stormwatch.

:mrgreen:


Funny, but as you know,
he only remixes albums he really likes!
As an ex. he only remixed the first two ELP

That is interesting - I didn't know that!


more info here! https://www.innerviews.org/inner/wilson2.html
"
Q: What does it take beyond money to get you interested in a remix project?

W: I’ve got to love the album and people involved. It’s as simple as that. I get invited to do a lot of stuff, believe me. I did two Emerson, Lake and Palmer albums, but I’ve chosen not to do any more of their records because I can’t honestly say I love them. I didn’t feel as connected to them as the King Crimson or Jethro Tull albums. So, Jakko Jakszyk will be doing the next two for ELP and he’ll do a great job. Going forward, I’m only going to do things I genuinely really, really love. The main thing about doing them for me is what I learn from the process. I really have learned a lot from working on these records. I absolutely love the King Crimson, Jethro Tull and XTC records I’m doing now. I grew up with them. I know those records better than the bands do. That’s an obvious thing to say because those guys haven’t listened to most of those records since they made them. No-one listens to their own records."
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition

Postby ` » 25 Oct 2019, 10:01

Just getting back into Ver Mighty Tull after pretty much giving up on them after Heavy Horses and more recently a two-decade gap of barely listening to them at all. Barring the odd mis-step, that run of nine albums from Stand Up to HH is as good as it gets though.