Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Look Up, Look Up [k]

Do talk back
User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby John aka Josh » 05 Jul 2019, 21:50

C wrote:Wow - such a strong album packed full of delights





.





Yes.

Their best? I think so.
Image

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27994
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby toomanyhatz » 05 Jul 2019, 21:50

I am loving Lincolnshire Posy, particularly the end bits. Percy Grainger might even approve.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52522
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby C » 05 Jul 2019, 21:50

Thanks JJ

Thanks hatz

Thanks Home Service



.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52522
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby C » 05 Jul 2019, 21:51

John aka Josh wrote:
Their best? I think so.


Yes!


.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52522
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby C » 05 Jul 2019, 21:52

toomanyhatz wrote:I am loving Lincolnshire Posy, particularly the end bits. Percy Grainger might even approve.



Good old Perce - of course he'd approve.

Thanks all

To absent friends.

Be close



x
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby John aka Josh » 05 Jul 2019, 21:52

Well, an emotive listen.

Superb album and choice, thanks for the company as always.


Once more, to absent friends who live in our hearts.
Image

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7396
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby John aka Josh » 05 Jul 2019, 21:53

C wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I am loving Lincolnshire Posy, particularly the end bits. Percy Grainger might even approve.



Good old Perce - of course he'd approve.




I concur. He was a man of vision.
Image

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27994
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Now Jigging

Postby toomanyhatz » 05 Jul 2019, 21:53

Still going with the first (apparently re-released as Early Transmissions) as their best. I still have my vinyl copy somewhere...

Liking this more, as I said, but it don't beat "Peatbog Soldiers" or "Never Gonna Be a Cowboy" for me. (Sadly, they can't be found on video.)
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27994
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Home Service, Look Up, Look Up [k]

Postby toomanyhatz » 05 Jul 2019, 23:00

No studio version found, but here's a live version of one of my favorites from the first:



Musically great, but vocals a bit dodgy to my ears.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!