Brian Wilson/Zombies tour

Do talk back
Mike Boom

Brian Wilson/Zombies tour

Postby Mike Boom » 07 May 2019, 17:37

https://pitchfork.com/news/brian-wilson-and-the-zombies-announce-tour/

Wilson will be joined on stage by former Beach Boys bandmates Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin.
He’ll primarily perform songs from the two Beach Boys albums: 1968’s Friends and 1971’s Surf’s Up.

The Zombies will open each show with a full performance of their seminal 1968 record, Odessey and Oracle.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Brian Wilson/Zombies tour

Postby Snarfyguy » 07 May 2019, 19:33

Thanks!

I usually consider Friends my favorite Beach Boys album and I've really been enjoying that new archival release of outtakes. I thought I was over seeing BW live, but this has me excited.

Plus from what I understand, Colin Blunstone's voice is still in good shape, somehow.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 07 May 2019, 19:42

When I saw "Zombies," I was thinking maybe Carl and Dennis were back in the band.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 08 May 2019, 10:46

Muskrat wrote:When I saw "Zombies," I was thinking maybe Carl and Dennis were back in the band.

When I saw BW and friends do Pet sounds two summers ago, he didn't look much more compos mentis than an extra from Night of the Living Dead himself.

More than two years later, he and his band still seem to be touring pretty much non-stop.

Not sure whether this is a case of BW himself wanting to stay on the road or his being pushed into doing so by those around him.

Much as I love Surfs Up and Friends, I think I'll be passing on this if it makes it to the UK.

rorebhoy

Postby rorebhoy » 08 May 2019, 11:50

I wonder will Darian Sahanaja be playing in both bands - he played on the Zombies most recent O&O tour. I really hope it makes it over this side of the world

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 08 May 2019, 12:17

I saw BW on the SMiLE tour and the Zombies about 10 years ago and thought I didn’t need to see either act again, but ... Friends! Oddly tempting!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 08 May 2019, 15:37

Muskrat wrote:When I saw "Zombies," I was thinking maybe Carl and Dennis were back in the band.

:lol:

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 May 2019, 22:58

Tickets for Beacon Theater = bought

Thanks for the heads-up!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 15 May 2019, 16:02

Snarfyguy wrote:Tickets for Beacon Theater = bought

Thanks for the heads-up!

Jealous, I love both "Friends" and "Surfs Up"
Let us know how it was !

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 15 May 2019, 18:44

I went back and forth on whether to go. I’ve seen both multiple times. But I finally relented. I figured that I’ll never regret the ticket price, but I might kick myself later for skipping one more chance to be in the presence of so many of my musical heroes.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo