Ken Boothe has written his autobiography

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Ken Boothe has written his autobiography

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Apr 2019, 02:42

Jamaican music legend, Ken Boothe, has written his autobiography, so far Jamaica only and in digital form internationally. Let's hope it gets published in Europe, too, where he maintains a large fan base. There aren't many first-hand accounts of the golden age of reggae in book form. Boothe goes way back to Coxsone in 1963.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/ente ... al-journey
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Powehi

Re: Ken Boothe has written his autobiography

Postby Powehi » 12 Apr 2019, 08:46

GoogaMooga wrote:Jamaican music legend, Ken Boothe, has written his autobiography, so far Jamaica only and in digital form internationally.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/ente ... al-journey

GoogaMooga wrote:
And who was it that bought all those CD's in the 80s and 90s seven-inch singles back in the 60s and 70s? We did. And how does Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe Ken Boothe thank us? By releasing an exclusive 4 track EP on 12" vinyl only, or as mp3 or streaming digital only international copy of his Jamaican autobiog. Thanks for nothing! :x

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 12 Apr 2019, 17:53

I only know him from the Clash song which describes him as "UK Pop Reggae." A book about that early scene could be interesting though.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Apr 2019, 20:39

I thought he was John Shuttleworth’s manager :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro