Naja Rosa - "The Place I Call Home"

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Naja Rosa - "The Place I Call Home"

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 Apr 2019, 05:25

What's this? I didn't know Thomas and Annisette Koppel had a singer-songwriter daughter, Naja Rosa Koppel, professionally known as Naja Rosa. To avoid accusations of nepotism, perhaps. Or just to prove she is her own. She doesn't need the rock royalty tag of "Koppel". Not from what I am hearing on her second album, "The Place I Call Home", from 2012. It's a great album, impossibly good for its times. You are not supposed to be able to come up with something that good that late in the game, not in 2012. I thought the world had run out of original tunes. She continues the proud tradition of her parents' band, Savage Rose, one of Denmark's top three bands of all time. With her father Thomas' gift for melody and her mother Annisette's vocal prowess, there is no stopping this girl. Born in 1980, and with three albums under her belt, we can look forward to even more greatness from Naja Rosa. There is hope for music yet, and the name of this hope is "Naja Rosa".

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck