Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs. Thank You

Do talk back
User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:00

sometimes i hear a bit of peter gabriel in the way he sings

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:00

Dave the romantic…!



.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:00

C wrote:
kath wrote:didn't we synch antiques, c?


Yes kath - relatively recently





.


i first heard hero & heroine at a listen here. blewwwww me away (cliche alert mwhaha)

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8743
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby Nancy » 08 Feb 2019, 22:01

C wrote:Incidentally, I don't know if everybody knew that John Paul Jones played (some) bass on The Strawbs first eponymous album






.


He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:01

Nancy wrote:
C wrote:Incidentally, I don't know if everybody knew that John Paul Jones played (some) bass on The Strawbs first eponymous album






.


He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:01

kath wrote:
C wrote:
kath wrote:didn't we synch antiques, c?


Yes kath - relatively recently





.


i first heard hero & heroine at a listen here. blewwwww me away (cliche alert mwhaha)


:D

I remember




.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8743
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby Nancy » 08 Feb 2019, 22:02

kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:
C wrote:Incidentally, I don't know if everybody knew that John Paul Jones played (some) bass on The Strawbs first eponymous album






.


He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick


Rick Wakeman was in Led Zeppelin? :lol:
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:02

kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:
C wrote:Incidentally, I don't know if everybody knew that John Paul Jones played (some) bass on The Strawbs first eponymous album






.


He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick


Yep - Cat Stevens comes to mind





.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:02

i love when that folky military beat heats up

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7398
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby John aka Josh » 08 Feb 2019, 22:02

kath wrote:lovely lovely






Yes - the sound of it. Sometimes I find the lyrics to this a tad obvious, but the warmth of the sound carries me on. Love the contrasts they create.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:03

Nancy wrote:
kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:
He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick


Rick Wakeman was in Led Zeppelin? :lol:


Daft sod



.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:03

C wrote:
kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:
He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick


Yep - Cat Stevens comes to mind





.


and elton

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:03

Nancy wrote:
kath wrote:
Nancy wrote:
He played on a LOT of things during his session musician period.

Some great work, but thankfully he went on to join that band.....


so did rick


Rick Wakeman was in Led Zeppelin? :lol:


hardy har har

User avatar
Nancy
Daft Sod
Posts: 8743
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Where I am when I'm not here.

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby Nancy » 08 Feb 2019, 22:04

Beautiful acoustics and vocals here
Pontificating incorrigibly since birth.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:04

John aka Josh wrote:
kath wrote:lovely lovely






Yes - the sound of it. Sometimes I find the lyrics to this a tad obvious, but the warmth of the sound carries me on. Love the contrasts they create.


ya.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:05

Nancy wrote:Beautiful acoustics and vocals here


Gorgeous - lovely lyrics too





.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27996
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Feb 2019, 22:05

Ah, my 3rd favorite song ("Shepherd's Song").

Got interrupted by a phone call, but I'm back.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:05

Nancy wrote:Beautiful acoustics and vocals here


it is, it IS. sniffle

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36349
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby kath » 08 Feb 2019, 22:05

i neeeeed me a harpsichord

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52571
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Prog Synch Listen: Strawbs, Friday 8th Feb @ 9.30pm (UK)

Postby C » 08 Feb 2019, 22:06

Subtle harpsichord from Rik






.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!