RIP Pegi Young

Do talk back
Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

RIP Pegi Young

Postby Muskrat » 03 Jan 2019, 00:55

From Pegi's Facebook page

With great sadness, we confirm that on January 1st, after a yearlong battle with cancer, Pegi Young - mother, grandmother, sister, auntie, musician, activist and co-founder of the Bridge School - passed away surrounded by her friends and family in her native California. We request that the families' privacy be respected at this time.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: RIP Pegi Young

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Jan 2019, 01:06

She joins Carrie Snodgress (sp?) then while Neil continues to fromp with Darryl.
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Re: RIP Pegi Young

Postby Muskrat » 03 Jan 2019, 01:46

Longer piece, from Billboard

Another dream, achieved, for Young was the family life she had during her 36-year marriage. "We wanted to be together as a family," she said, "so when we could we lived like gypsies and just lived on the bus and traveled together. I tried to keep a real balance of normality in our family, and I guarded our privacy fiercely."

And Rolling Stone

Young was working as a waitress at a diner near Neil Young’s ranch when they met in the mid-Seventies. “Never saw a woman look finer,” Neil Young wrote in his 1992 classic song “Unknown Legend,” one of several songs about their love that also include “Harvest Moon” and “Such an Angel.” “I used to order just to watch her float across the floor.”
Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.